Factory Shut down this January

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ignatius

Post by ignatius »

Hi, can someone please confirm what date Volvo closed down as I've had a major problem with a dealer who sent me an order to sign on January 18. They then lost/misplaced my signed order so my option was to reorder a 20ym at a greater cost. I had to chase them a month after my order to find out if my car was being delivered in mid April as agreed. They have said I couldn't have had the 19ym anyway based on the original order as the factory closure would have prevented it being processed. Irrespective of this I wasn't told the closure could be an issue, wasn't chased on where my order was and only find out when I emailed them for news. In order to pursue some form of complaint and action, I need to know when the factory did close.

Thanks

Mike

Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Mike
I don't know anything a bout a shut down. However I ordered my MY19 on 9 January for mid April delivery without a problem. Mind you my local garage was very honest and said they had sold all their MY19 slots and I had to go a bit further away to get one. It sounds to me that your garage had old all their slots but were keeping you tied to them.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

I agree with Salmonfisher. They had either sold out or not even bothered booking slots.

I don't think there is a January shut down...... It's more of a UK lock-out between MY20 orders opening & Volvo UK making their minds up about pricing and packaging (I'd previously posted a press release from Volvo NL stating MY20 orders were open in December).

Any half-decent dealers pre-order cars at that time of year. My advice is to give up battling with this particular dealer & go elsewhere - he was lying to you about availability & couldn't have got one for April unless it had been pre-ordered.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Bob

Post by Bob »

I don't think they have a January shutdown, they do, however, shut down for a month in August I believe.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
XC_20

Post by XC_20 »

Hi-if it helps my garage was the same as previous posters...they had to have all MY19 orders (which they already had build slots for) sold by start of Feb - delivery was in april and my order was placed a day after they filled the slots so is now a MY20 arriving in may.