Individual Drive Mode Questions

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
xc40nz

Post by xc40nz »

- What's the difference between 'Normal' & 'Dynamic' braking? The manual doesn't say.
- What's 'Eco' suspension control? 'Comfort' & 'Dynamic' I get, but 'Eco'? :?:
T4 Inscription + all options + sport pedals ;)

xc40nz

Post by xc40nz »

*bump* Anyone have any idea?
xc40nz

Post by xc40nz »

One more question to add to this. What's the difference between 'Comfort' and 'Dynamic' dials? They look identical. The 'Eco' one though looks quite different.
Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

On the dials in dynamic mode, you lose the READY symbol as it disables start/stop.

Not sure about dynamic braking but dynamic suspension firms up the suspension if you have FourC active suspension otherwise I don’t think it does anything as it’s got nothing to adjust.
Ordered T5 R-Design Pro with most of the bells and whistles in early May ‘18 and received delivery at end of Jan ‘19
Very Happy 😃... especially now it’s Polestarred
xc40nz

Post by xc40nz »

Ian333 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:08 pm On the dials in dynamic mode, you lose the READY symbol as it disables start/stop.
Not true. Just tried it earlier this evening. READY symbol came on as soon as I hit the Start/Stop button on the centre screen. Just to be clear, I'm talking about the 'Driver Display' setting in Individual Drive Mode, not the Dynamic Drive mode, which is a separate mode by itself.
Ian333 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:08 pm Not sure about dynamic braking but dynamic suspension firms up the suspension if you have FourC active suspension otherwise I don’t think it does anything as it’s got nothing to adjust.
Thanks, but the question was 'what is eco suspension control'?