Software Upgrades

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Get yourself a free sim from three.co.uk then register it at three.co.uk/freedata. If you don't carry on with it, nothing lost.

It's 200MB per month having checked, but seems enough for the small amounts of data required for satnav traffic
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.

SquirrelGT

Post by SquirrelGT »

morrishey wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:14 pm Get yourself a free sim from three.co.uk then register it at three.co.uk/freedata. If you don't carry on with it, nothing lost.

It's 200MB per month having checked, but seems enough for the small amounts of data required for satnav traffic
I tried this today and the sim that arrived wasn't compatible with the free data offer. It looks like you need to buy a £10 pre paid sim and then you get the 200mb roll over each month.

Cheers for the tip, worth while getting i think.
T4 R-Design Pro | Osmium Grey | Ordered 13th Oct | Scheduled Delivery 18th Feb
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

I looked back and I actually got one of these off Amazon, so not quite free, but only 10p!
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

I understand that instead of downloading a complete country map update you can just select a region of the country to update.
I would quite like to do this as we have had a new northern bypass around Norwich which was to recent to show up on my old car.
Has anyone just done a region update? How much quicker was it?
Cheers
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

I bought a 24GB 3 data sim - it lasts for 24 months or until the data is used. This costs between £24-40 depending if you can buy it when on sale on amazon. I then have the maps update the UK region automatically, usually 1 update per 2 weeks. I haven’t changed the SIM since I got the V90 nearly 2 years ago.

4G is pretty quick it usually downloads the update during my commute and installs when I reach home or work.