Phone Connectivity - Samsung S9

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
CelticXC40

Post by CelticXC40 »

Hi
I am having trouble connecting my new Samsung S9 to the car. It is not being discovered. Has anyone else experienced this problem, or does anyone have any bright ideas? Thanks
Tom
XC40 Inscription pro - T4 - Auto AWD - Pine Grey - Blonde Leather - 19" wheels - Intellisafe pro Pack, Tinted windows, Keyless drive, wireless charging, Xenium pack, Towbar, Spare wheel. Delivered 22nd January 2019.

NitramA

Post by NitramA »

I’ve got a S9+ and don’t have any issues.
Only thing I can remember was that I had problems with a flaky cable and I kept losing connectivity in Spotify.

Can you give us some more detail -are you using cable or Bluetooth ?
I’m assuming it’s through Bluetooth.
Are you having problems connecting for phone calls, internet connectivity or playing music?
Are you using Android Auto or the built in system?

I know that there are videos on how to connect your phone, have you tried following them? (Not wishing to teach grandma to suck eggs!) :lol:
CelticXC40

Post by CelticXC40 »

Thanks for the advice. I was trying to connect using Bluetooth. However, after a bit of fiddling around and opening the sub menu on the phone, this morning it connected within 30 seconds!!! So now sorted.
Thanks again for the response.
XC40 Inscription pro - T4 - Auto AWD - Pine Grey - Blonde Leather - 19" wheels - Intellisafe pro Pack, Tinted windows, Keyless drive, wireless charging, Xenium pack, Towbar, Spare wheel. Delivered 22nd January 2019.