Cool or tacky... see my YouTube video below

Cool
45%
Tacky
55%

Total votes: 20

AndrewMcC

Post by AndrewMcC »

Sorry, but I was more interested that you've had your T5 'Polestarred'. I'm seriously looking at this - what does it add for you? Can you feel a big difference?
2019 XC40 Fusion Red T5 R-Design 20"Alloys

Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

AndrewMcC wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:59 am Sorry, but I was more interested that you've had your T5 'Polestarred'. I'm seriously looking at this - what does it add for you? Can you feel a big difference?
Hi Andrew,
I’ve had it now for 5 days but not done many miles yet. From the few miles I have done, the mid range torque is definitely noticeable and feels very ‘punchy’ between say 2k and 4.5k revs. The gear changes are also a lot faster and now sounds and feels more like a Manual or dual clutch box and is really quick. I can’t really tell about the move to be more rear wheel drive but that will come when I push it I guess.
I basically wanted my T5 to be as good as it could be so although expensive, I’ll be keeping it but if £750 is make or break for you and as you probably already know... it’s pretty damn good anyway!!
Hope this helps.
P.S. I got Polestar at the same time as having a dash cam fitted and got £150 off the combined price so there is room for a deal 😉
Ordered T5 R-Design Pro with most of the bells and whistles in early May ‘18 and received delivery at end of Jan ‘19
Very Happy 😃... especially now it’s Polestarred
Sventek

Post by Sventek »

AndrewMcC wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:59 am Sorry, but I was more interested that you've had your T5 'Polestarred'. I'm seriously looking at this - what does it add for you? Can you feel a big difference?
The Polestar enhancement is underwhelming on my T5, IMHO. The power/torque is negligible, and I think it's really just the car that Volvo should have delivered in the first place, as others have observed. The gear shifts are much better, but not worth the coin.