MY20

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Bit confused on the Inscription. Says it has the aluminium inlays at first, but then the drift wood later. Can’t see any real changes though. CO2 is down 1g/km I think, and price is up.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018

XC_20

Post by XC_20 »

Hi, Can anybody help? I placed an order for an inscription and have just been informed it will be MY20 and that Pine Grey is not an option - it has been replaced by Thunder Grey. The dealer needs me to confirm what colour I want but I havent seen a sample of thunder grey anywhere and he hasn’t got one either yet...has anyone got an image or seen it in a new spec brochure?? Have to choose and I am stuck between sticking with a grey (hoping the Thunder grey is close to the pine one) or switching to the Denim blue.
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Use the configurator from the international site under www.volvo.com, I used the HK site that is also in English. The configurator link is https://www.volvocars.com/hk/build/suv/xc40
Enjoy
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

BTW suggest open two windows side by side and use the UK site (old spec) and a same colour (fusion red or bursting blue) as reference. Then you can compare the different grey or silver colour and seeing the new colours.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

I noticed that metallic is no longer included in the Inscription Pro either.

Sorry to see Pine Grey go. I think I’d go denim blue in that case. Thunder grey just looks boring on the configuration.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
XC_20

Post by XC_20 »

Thanks for the advice about the international site. I chose Denim Blue in the end as I agreeed the Thunder Grey does just look boring now. Well, roll on May!
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Checked my spec against new prices and total increase of £840. Spec 'improves' by keyless entry as now added to (dearer) convenience pack:

£165 - OTR increase for Inscription Pro T4 (edit: £15 of which is V.E.D. so really a £150 increase by Volvo)
£100 - Increase in cost of Convenience Pack (now includes keyless)
£575 - Metallic paint (previously free)

Now running close to the wind with luxury V.E.D.

Previously thought I was safe as prices hadn't long increased when I ordered but, I'm probably still safe once I strip out aspects of the OTR which don't count towards £40k limit.
Last edited by Silver Moose on Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Salmonfisher wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:50 pm The only spec changes (apart from colours and T3 engine - neither of which affect me) appear to be addition of
Slippery road and hazard light alert (requires mobile data)
Omission of TMC on Sensus (which seems a real issue as useful)
So not sure I am convinced its a step up and hopefully mine will appear as ordered and priced
Won't slippery road & hazard light alert come to everybody eventually via Sensus update?
RTTI seems to have replaced TMC - I understand this is much better (real-time, all roads)????
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Silver Moose
It may be better than TMC but only if you connect up to mobile data so have a SIM or tether each time.
aj05

Post by aj05 »

Dealer has advised me that the rear seats no longer fold electrically only the head rests another change to the convenience pack
I dont think this will bother me as wont be folding seats very often