MY20

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Saleshark

Post by Saleshark »

First post after lurking and taking an interest in the forum, as I'm still probably another 12 months out from changing my car.

Anyway I occasionally take a look at Car File to see if they are offering any better discounts and noticed today that they must have MY20 models now as the Paint colours have changed and now include Pebble Grey and Thunder Grey with the omission of Pine Grey.

Looks like pricing on the convenience pack has gone up and also metallic paint on the inscription has a cost. Also noticed that Keyless Entry isn't an option on the Inscription model.

Volvo website has not been updated, do we think MY20 will be from March 1st?

johnd

Post by johnd »

Saleshark wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:28 pm Volvo website has not been updated, do we think MY20 will be from March 1st?
Why March 1st especially? It will be from whichever week the factory switches to MY20 production, which tends to be much the same year to year for a given model/factory, but obviously varies between factories. The switchover must be reasonably imminent so in theory it could be around the beginning of March (Week 10 is that?), but given that build dates for new orders are likely to be 8-12 weeks away, the switchover might not be until eg Week 15 or even Week 20.

I suspect that MY20 will be only a very minor change. I had been hoping for a move to the new Android-based OS which should bring Google maps amongst other software features, but I guess that's still in the future at some point.
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Hi there, I am new here also. Just ordered a MY20 R Design pro T4 FWD auto. A new spec (in the UK). I have selected the glacier silver ( new colour no more bright sliver).
I have also selected the convenience pack that has included the power tail gate and keyless entry hence more expensive.
aj05

Post by aj05 »

Hi Goldfish was there any mention of the new android sensus system
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Hello aj, didn't see any mention on the new android sensus system.

Summary:
IMO the standard spec is slightly better
slightly more powerful T3 engine
New T3 & T4 FWD auto
Gone Osimum grey, amazon blue & bright silver
Arrived Thunder grey & glacier silver
Better convenience pack
Saleshark

Post by Saleshark »

Great thank you for the reply, also noticed you have to pay for a winter pack now.
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Winter pack is standard for all pros otherwise costs £500. It has heated front seats, windscreen and cleaning system.
A winter plus pack costs £300 has heated steering wheel and heated rear seats
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

According to Volvo NL (Media Centre), MY20 production starts (sometime) in April.

No idea how NL spec equates to UK spec but, for info, here's the link:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... rev=search
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Sorry put this under Android but it should have been here.
Does anyone have any definitive info re when MY20 arrives in UK. I see Silver Moose says April in Netherlands? Interested as my delivery date is currently late April but warned it may slip a bit. So do I hope for a short delay??? Or do all current orders come through as MY19 irrespective of when delivered?
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Salmonfisher wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:02 pm Sorry put this under Android but it should have been here.
Does anyone have any definitive info re when MY20 arrives in UK. I see Silver Moose says April in Netherlands? Interested as my delivery date is currently late April but warned it may slip a bit. So do I hope for a short delay??? Or do all current orders come through as MY19 irrespective of when delivered?
Can't offer any more than I posted above. I'm new to Volvo, so not familiar with their MY changeover dates. NL won't be any different to UK - just that UK site doesn't provide this info yet (all cars will become MY20 from switchover week, regardless of when ordered).

If you have the time & inclination, you could search this & other forums for MY19 to see if that reveals what calendar week it was last year.

What colour have you ordered? If it's a discontinued one, the clue will be whether you get a call from your dealer.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera