Retailer/Dealership in Kent for a XC40

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
KentXC40

Post by KentXC40 »

Hi

Just after some feedback from people's experience with Volvo retailers/dealerships in Kent

I had a look at the XC40 in person yesterday and absolutely love it.
Sadly the sales staff at the Orpington dealership didn't seem remotely interested in even trying to help. We had a young lad answer a few questions about the car but despite there being only another couple in the showroom, the sales staff were too busy to assist us with either a test drive or with discussions around actually buying one. We hung around looking at the xc40 inside and out for probably another 20 minutes after the young lad left us, and saw around 5 staff walk around with coffee and chatting to each other at different times. We left our details with them to be contacted back about our interest, more than a day later and not an email or phone call. So either they are extremely busy dealing with things and not people in the showroom, or cannot be bothered, and from what I saw of a very quiet showroom it appeared to be the latter.

Now I really want a XC40 but if they cannot be bothered to sell me one then I'm very afraid of what the services and after care will be like. Has anyone had experience of buying and customer care from this branch?
The Hildenborough and Aylesford/Maidstone dealerships are a bit further away but again if people have recommendations of good customer service from there I'd happy drive a bit further.

Thanks for reading and any replies I get on this, I appreciate your time and feedback.

lainey_w

Post by lainey_w »

Hi, I purchased my XC40 from the branch in Orpington. My salesperson at the Orpington dealership was a man called Ben Brown. I have to say, he was really good, did a test drive with him, ordered through him and he phoned me regularly, answered my emails quickly whilst I was awaiting my car. Maybe try and give him a call unless he was one of the people who you already spoke to :(
Ordered T3 Momentum 22nd May, expected 22nd September
KentXC40

Post by KentXC40 »

Thanks lainey_w, that is encouraging to hear. Think I will give them a call and ask to speak to him.
Snowdop

Post by Snowdop »

Very happy with Lipscomb in Aylesford @(Maidstone). We have a XC40 on order at the moment, a T4 Inscription Pro which we got a good deal on. Our existing XC60 has been serviced there since new, and they have supplied 3 other non Volvo cars to us over the past few years.
GemBar

Post by GemBar »

I brought my XC40 from Alan at this dealership and have had no problems at all, although it took six months for the car to arrive (and well worth the wait) contacted me with updates or called me back or emailed me when required. I have also been going to this dealership for around 20 years and have had no issues.
XC40 T3 R Design | Winter Pack | Heated Rear Seats & Steering Wheel | Front Parking Sensors | Power Tailgate | Osmium Grey | Ordered Mid March for Delivery June / October / September | Now driving as from 14-09-18
NKXC40

Post by NKXC40 »

I bought my XC40 from Lipscomb at Maidstone from a sales person named Chris, I could not have wished for a better experience in buying my XC 40. This was my second car purchased from Chris, my first was a V60. Interestingly when I was looking to buy the V60 I went to the Orpington garage first but I was not overly impressed as parking is difficult and the staff did not appeared to be bothered with me as a customer, but I must stress that this was July 2016. The Orpington garage lost me as a potential customer and I did not even consider them when looking to buy my XC40.

I have been impressed with the service I have received from Lipscomb when I owned my V60 but since owning my XC 40 other than the 3 month check I have not had cause to visit the garage since then. I would have no hesitation in recommending this garage.
D4 AWD First Edition Crystal White. 19” Wheels. No headlamp wash. Delivered 8th June after 16 weeks.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Also ordered my T4 through Lipscomb Maidstone after visiting the Orpington dealer and not being impressed. Test drive was done in silence, they didn't ask me any questions and then walked off afterwards. Maidstone dealer wasn't massively better (radio silence for months, not answering calls or emails) but at least they are delivering the car when they said they would (this Friday!) and showed basic manners during the test drive.

Incidentally I test drove the new Mercedes-Benz A class at Mercedes Beckenham in the meantime and they treated me like royalty. Volvo are lucky they have the superior car for my needs.
T4 Inscription: Pine Grey, Blond interior + Intellisafe Surround + 360 camera + rear tinted windows. Ordered mid-Sep 2018, delivered 6th Feb 2019.
Gravity

Post by Gravity »

I live in Kent and tried Lipscomb in Canterbury. Settled on a car they had in stock and agreed to proceed but as it was a demonstrator they suddenly said I had to wait until beginning of April. The salesman was great but a bad review on another website somewhere showed similar response from another Lipscomb dealer.
I looked on line and found a virtually identical XC40 at Doves in Horsham. Couldn't have been an easier or more enjoyable experience and I thoroughly recommend them. Give James Farrow a call on 01403 791791‬. Its a tadge south of Gatwick so not far out of the Kent area. I have even decided to take out my service plan there as I had a discount. Good people, great car.
XC40 D4 R Design Pro Bursting Blue
MB40

Post by MB40 »

When trying to buy a FE in Feb 18 from Parkside Orpington I was appalled at the service I received. The salesman Alan was very unenthusiastic throughout, failed to notify me of the launch event and, following a test drive, when I said, yes I would like to buy, he quite proudly said that I couldn't as their allocation had all gone. I asked that he let me know if and when any more were released, which he never did despite Volvo opening the books again a couple of weeks later. He had all the attitude of a salesmen who was due to leave in week or two's time and couldn't care less.

(I then phoned around and ordered a FE through Volvo Yeovil who were excellent)

Although Parkside is my nearest dealer I do not use them for warranty or service work because I don't think they deserve my business. I use Lipscomb Maidstone even though they are twice as far away. They did the three month check and had the car for half a day in Dec to sort out the emissions light coming on (NOx sensor needed recalibration apparently)
I would highly recommend them for servicing.
FE D4 l Bursting Blue l 19" l Took delivery 3rd May
PC40

Post by PC40 »

Depending which part of Kent you are in, if you’re prepared to travel a bit then I can recommend Waterhouse in Chelmsford Essex.
Very helpful, speak to Emma.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018