Retailer/Dealership in Kent for a XC40

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
KentXC40

Post by KentXC40 »

Thanks for everyone's comments and feedback.
Sadly both Horsham and Chelmsford ones would be too far away but I will give Lipscomb a try.

Bobby, I know what you mean, we went to have a look at both the GLA and GLC at Mercedes Dartford and they treated us magnificently. Sadly I don't like either of their SUV options in my price range.

trisday2000

Post by trisday2000 »

Dear KentXC40,

My name is Tristram Day, I am the Sales Manager at Parkside Volvo Orpington.

I wanted to firstly apologise for the poor experience you received at our site in Orpington this week. Your feedback is very valuable and without it I would be unable to make the necessary changes.

Having read the various feedbacks posted I certainly do not expect my customers to be dealt with in this manor, having joined the Dealership 7 months ago I have made great effort to ensure this level of experience was eradicated. I hope you can see from the more recent positive feedbacks posted regarding Parkside Orpington that your experience on 5th February is not the norm.

In a challenging market we do appreciate your custom and the wide variety of choice our competitors provide. Please could I ask for you to contact me directly on 01689 878000 and I will personally handle your enquiry?

Yours Sincerely

Tristram Day
Scooter1S

Post by Scooter1S »

My Mum and Dad bought an XC40 from Ben at Orpington, Although the spec was a little wrong (Mum and Dad's mistake not Bens) The service Ben delivered was absolutey great. They could't praise him enough and said they'd recommened him time and time again. Don't let a few negative comments or a bad experience put you off, give Ben a call.
SeXC40

Post by SeXC40 »

I recently purchased my XC40 from Parkside Volvo in Orpington and I can honestly say that, in my 30 years of driving, it was the nicest experience I’ve had when buying a car. I dealt with a salesman called Jason, who, with his friendly demeanour, put me at ease and gave me confidence that I would be very well looked after!
I was right, I collected my beautiful new car and everything was highly satisfactory. All was explained perfectly right down to pairing my phone and all of the voice activation features.
Top marks all round, I will definitely return for my next car.
KentXC40

Post by KentXC40 »

I appreciated Tristram's honest post and invite to talk things over, so I gave him a call in the week and had a good discussion. In my own work I known it's hard to get everything right and meet everyone's expectations but the important thing is to keep improving and I believe he is trying to do that and doing that.

So we went back this morning to the Orpington dealership for a test drive and just as we walked through the door at the dealership I had someone walk past and ask if we were okay and if we needed any help and this did make me think that last week it may just have been a time when people were busy with other stuff and geniunely unable to help at the time.

We had Joe take us for the test drive and he had great knowledge of the car and was able to answer the numerous questions we had on it and demonstrate a few things we didn't know about and didn't see in reviews. From numerous reviews and looking at other cars, in my mind I had already narrowed down my car search to pretty much just the XC40 and the test drive just reaffirmed this is the car I want.
After the the test drive Tristram assisted us with answers about the car and deals and servicing and we then conclude a deal with him and Craig's help. We now have a D3 R-Design automatic with various add-ons on order and can't wait for delivery day, sometime in the hopeful not too distant future.

Tristram, thank you for your response to this forum post and your assistance.
Thanks to everyone else that has read and posted here, I appreciate the time you took.