Can't wait to get rid

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
simmo

Post by simmo »

Michaelxc40 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:59 pm Hi
As long as your under the 6 month timescale you should be fine.

I rejected my last 2 new cars, gave them 3 chances to repair ( but didn’t need to give so many )

In the end they offered me a replacement vehicle which I refused as didn’t want to risk another.

One was a Jaguar F pace, the other a Peugeot 3008

Just decide which option is best for you, a replacement is the easiest option, a refund is a little harder as obviously the dealer does not want to have to take a faulty car back
Hi how do you find your XC have just ordered one after cancelling the T Roc due to massive 1.5 engine issues in the VW Audi Skoda Seat Range with power failure and Kangarooing. now read the XC 40 owner wants to reject, I might stay with my old 10 year old car.

simmo

Post by simmo »

VolvoJ wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:58 pm I know people talk about their problems on forums (and not so much about the good stuff) but I'm getting a bit scared when reading all this
(and other subjects) regarding the XC40 my wife has ordered.
On receiving the car I will look for visible problems and make reservations if so but the main problem are the invisible defects of course.
Fingers crossed.
Very strange times that you have to hope for a decent car which you pay a lot for (and you see it on every other forum like peugeot, jaguar, ...).
Hi Volvo I had original ordered a T Roc the 1.5 engine with cylinder shut down check out the forum, I CANCELLED THE engine is a real nasty with Kangaroo and power failure on some. On investigation the dealers say driver error to not heard of that. It turns out this VW engine is in the Seat Audi Q2 and 3 and Skoda massive problem, they talk about software fix's and all sorts of excuses. VW have tried to fix third on its way summer, now we have XC40 owners rejecting may be ill keep my old car.
senwar

Post by senwar »

simmo - if you read the forum you will see posts about the odd issue and snags. All usual. However q3billy’s case is a very unfortunate one and a real shame. I hope it is resolved satisfactorily for him.

There is far more positivity around this car from owners than negativity. Appreciate this doesn’t reflect or help the OP but don’t let the experience of one person put you off at all. I’m not trying to down play the issues of the OP either.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

senwar wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:48 am simmo - if you read the forum you will see posts about the odd issue and snags. All usual. However q3billy’s case is a very unfortunate one and a real shame. I hope it is resolved satisfactorily for him.

There is far more positivity around this car from owners than negativity. Appreciate this doesn’t reflect or help the OP but don’t let the experience of one person put you off at all. I’m not trying to down play the issues of the OP either.
Agree. I've not had any real issues really with mine. 10mths in and I still love it! :)
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
Gherd

Post by Gherd »

I can confirm that on my D3 I have noticed the same issue to a minor level.

They really placed the woofer in the worst possible spot where there are so many pieces that can rattle and go in resonance. I am going to contact the dealer to look for a solution.

See the picture for an example song that generates vibrations in the dashboard. Try yourself at high volume.

7EBD6992-F73B-456B-BBCE-C4796C031CBD.jpeg

isleaiw

Post by isleaiw »

Write a letter to the dealership, cc Volvo UK telling them you are rejecting the car as not manufactured to an acceptable standard or fit for purpose. If it is on finance with Volvo Finance, speak to them first as they need to be on board and support you.

Close your letter by asking the garage to let you know next steps. If you are happy to try another car, built to your spec, then tell them that. If you go that route ask for an appropriate courtesy vehicle to fill the gap.

Then be firm and resolute but fair...
GemBar

Post by GemBar »

simmo wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:27 am
VolvoJ wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:58 pm I know people talk about their problems on forums (and not so much about the good stuff) but I'm getting a bit scared when reading all this
(and other subjects) regarding the XC40 my wife has ordered.
On receiving the car I will look for visible problems and make reservations if so but the main problem are the invisible defects of course.
Fingers crossed.
Very strange times that you have to hope for a decent car which you pay a lot for (and you see it on every other forum like peugeot, jaguar, ...).
Hi Volvo I had original ordered a T Roc the 1.5 engine with cylinder shut down check out the forum, I CANCELLED THE engine is a real nasty with Kangaroo and power failure on some. On investigation the dealers say driver error to not heard of that. It turns out this VW engine is in the Seat Audi Q2 and 3 and Skoda massive problem, they talk about software fix's and all sorts of excuses. VW have tried to fix third on its way summer, now we have XC40 owners rejecting may be ill keep my old car.
Simmo
I've had my XC40 1.5 R-Design since September 18 and have had no issues with it, it's not all owners having issues and it's no different from other manufacturers, unfortunately from time to time you get faults with a vehicle but you have to try and persist in ironing them out, if a dealer can't sort it out try another dealer or in the case of the stereo issues I would try contacting Harman/Kardon themselves and see if they can send an engineer down to have a look at it. The car is beautiful and drives a treat, you won't be disappointed and I hope q3billy can resolve his issues rather than him having to sell it.
XC40 T3 R Design | Winter Pack | Heated Rear Seats & Steering Wheel | Front Parking Sensors | Power Tailgate | Osmium Grey | Ordered Mid March for Delivery June / October / September | Now driving as from 14-09-18
James Blonde

Post by James Blonde »

Doesn't matter what car or manufacturer, there are always going to be faulty cars in a batch, or cars that people want to return due to issues that they've encountered. I wouldn't not buy a car because you've seen a post about someone rejecting theirs - you'll never buy a new (or in fact used for that matter) car ever again in that case! Yours might be absolutely fine! or you might find a fault that can't be fixed to your satisfaction and want to reject it. and that's fine too - certainly in the UK, the law allows that.
grl

Post by grl »

I Am really glad i am not the only person having rattles with the stereo, i least i know i'm not being unreasonable.

I to am having some serious issues with my nice new (Volvo Select - Ex Demo) First edition.
Bought the car having moved from BMW as there quality has seriously gone down the toilet.

Just to list a few of the issues...
The dealership (Riverside in Wakefield) I bought the car from, was absolutely shocking, i traveled quite a distance to get there only to find scratches all over the windscreen & chipped paintwork, rear seat release solenoid didn't work, missing First aid kit, out of date software, rattle from the underside of the car and a rattle behind the dash. To get this resolved it required getting the Dealer Principle involved before anything was done.

So far i have taken the car to my local dealer in Hildenborough who have now had the car 4 times now to try resolve the rattling dash issue. They refused to use any form of tone generator (47hz is the magic frequency) and it's been nothing short of painful getting them to recognise there is an issue.
Picked the car up last night after they had "resolved" the issue and withing 30 seconds of being in the car.... it was worse than ever! Got the service manager out and he agreed, they took the car back into the workshop and seem to have found the issue (although have not resolved it). It is the Recirc valve in the heater matrix. When its open the rattle is much less prominent and when its closed it rattles like something very loose. They have taken the issue away to Volvo Technical and are awaiting a response.

I however am not holding my breath! Such a shame for a potentially fantastic car to be let down over such trivial things. Don't even get me started on Volvo's stance on fuel "blow by" (the Oil Fairs came and topped my oil up with fuel - apparently this is normal for a diesel). Funny how none of my previous diesels over the last 20 years have had this issue. :x :x :x :x
XC40 D4 AWD - First Edition - Crystal White
grl

Post by grl »

The track that really sets it off at the minute is Billie Eilish - everything i wanted
XC40 D4 AWD - First Edition - Crystal White