Can't wait to get rid

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

This bit covers right to reject

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... 20/enacted

Call citizen’s advice if your not sure. They’re very good,and I find it helps when a retailers starts giving you a hard time if you can reference their case number.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018

Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

There is the motor ombudsman as another route to take
No idea on timescale on their back log etc
T5 First edition Crystal White
Deleted User 1481

Post by Deleted User 1481 »

I know people talk about their problems on forums (and not so much about the good stuff) but I'm getting a bit scared when reading all this
(and other subjects) regarding the XC40 my wife has ordered.
On receiving the car I will look for visible problems and make reservations if so but the main problem are the invisible defects of course.
Fingers crossed.
Very strange times that you have to hope for a decent car which you pay a lot for (and you see it on every other forum like peugeot, jaguar, ...).
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

VolvoJ wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:58 pm I know people talk about their problems on forums (and not so much about the good stuff) but I'm getting a bit scared when reading all this
On receiving the car I will look for visible problems and make reservations if so but the main problem are the invisible defects of course.
Fingers crossed.
Very strange times that you have to hope for a decent car which you pay a lot for (and you see it on every other forum like peugeot, jaguar, ...).
As you say, people generally only post when they have a problem.
I for one, love mine and would recommend them to others. Best car I've had..... except maybe the V8 Land Rover off road racer I used to have, but that's not a fair comparison!!
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

VolvoJ wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:58 pm I know people talk about their problems on forums (and not so much about the good stuff) but I'm getting a bit scared when reading all this
Fingers crossed.
I won't lie I do love the car, it looks great, it drives great.
The stereo issues is just too big of a deal though, I don't know if you watched/listened to the video I added but I cannot live with it considering they've "repaired" it three times now.

It looks amazing and there is nothing out there that I like the look of as much, I am constantly looking back in car parks and looking out for reflections everywhere because I love the car but lately I don't want to drive it.

I do hope that your car comes without issue it truly is a great car but these constant issues with rattles have tainted it for me now.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Fingers crossed.
Best car I've had by far, although I do have a couple of niggles. I've always had the odd niggle to sort out though, these are complex things to build.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Deleted User 1481

Post by Deleted User 1481 »

I'm also very very allergic to rattles and a bad audio system, especially with a new car ! So that would also be big issues for me, but hopefully it doesn't come that far.
Myself I'm driving a new Peugeot 5008 and in the beginning it also had a rattle that drove me nuts but "we" (myself not the dealer) managed to find the cause and fix it. And the audio system took quite some configuration to get it right (but no hardware problems though).
Hope q3billy get it fixed or a replacement.
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

VolvoJ wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:21 am I'm also very very allergic to rattles and a bad audio system, especially with a new car ! So that would also be big issues for me, but hopefully it doesn't come that far.
Myself I'm driving a new Peugeot 5008 and in the beginning it also had a rattle that drove me nuts but "we" (myself not the dealer) managed to find the cause and fix it. And the audio system took quite some configuration to get it right (but no hardware problems though).
Well as Caffyns Eastbourne have told me that it is as good as it's going to get and other XC40s have more severe rattles there I am sure that it won't get fixed. Volvo UK said that they stand by their technicians and didn't even give me the time of day.
The service department at my supplying dealership said that if Caffyns have done the work they said they've done then they're not sure what else can be done to the car to improve it. The sales department said they can't reject the car because they themselves haven't attempted a repair (I thought this was the whole point of a network of dealerships?)

I've had problems since day 1 and I have proof of it because I emailed the guy who sold me the car two days after I picked it up and I didn't get a reply from him. I've been back and forth from Caffyns so many times and I've sent emails to Volvo UK regarding the problems too just for them to ignore my emails.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate

q3billy

Post by q3billy »

VolvoJ wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:21 am I'm also very very allergic to rattles and a bad audio system, especially with a new car ! So that would also be big issues for me, but hopefully it doesn't come that far.
My mum had a 3008 as a courtesy car for over a month while hers was being repaired and the built quality was excellent, much better than my XC40. It had a rattle from the passenger door when you opened and closed it but with a quick search online and I found it was the LED strip that had worked it's way loose. Nothing major like my XC40.

NeuroMancer13

Post by NeuroMancer13 »

Did the rattle begun right from the start or did it came progressively from one point and after.
T5/Inscription/21''/DenimBlue-Amber/FullPack/Polestared