Can't wait to get rid

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

I am beginning to hate this car.
It's been in to the dealership three times for the stereo problems and each time it hasn't been fixed.

Originally the air-woofer was defective and replaced.
Then it was the air inlet that needed replacing so they did something behind the dash and most of the rattling and vibrations went apart from the door speakers where they were so badly screeching and rattling.
Third time they had it was last week. It was in all week for them to dismantle the entire dashboard and sort it all out fitting the new air inlet and then telling me they've added felt everywhere but since then the rattles and vibrations are MUCH worse.
They then tell me that "they can't claim back the hours they've worked on my car as expenses" so they won't be working on it any longer. That's disgusting treatment.

I went back today for my 3 month check and they went "oh, we've already done that", how can they do that when I hadn't told them anything, I have a faulty rain sensor that has absolutely no idea what it's doing one minute it's full speed and the next it's waiting 15 seconds to wipe and my heated seats don't get very hot at all.

I just want to get rid of the thing now, I waited SO long and patiently for it as well I actually cried about it earlier. Three years of saving and doing without to get the perfect car, I find the perfect one and it turns out to be a dud.

EDIT:
I've decided to upload some videos to YouTube so you can hear exactly what's going on.
Here's a link to one of the songs but there's loads I've uploaded with all types of music to show that it's not bass heavy, intense music I'm playing.

Last edited by q3billy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red

Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

Sorry to hear you've been having problems. It must be so frustrating and disappointing.
Generally vehicle dealers get paid very little, if any, diagnosis time on warranty repairs, hence their (bad) attitude. That is their problem not yours though. A change of dealer may make all the difference.
Alternatively, within the first 6 months I believe you do now have the right to a replacement if they cannot fix the problem even after only one attempt...or you can ask for a refund less a "reasonable" deduction for use if you really didn't want one anymore.
Read up on you rights as they may be more receptive when you point them out to them.
I hope you get it sorted soon.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

That’s a pretty awful experience. Have you spoken to citizen’s advice to see what your rights are?
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
KJH

Post by KJH »

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... ts/enacted

The above may help ( taken off the Jaguar forum so all manufacturers have their issues, some more than others obviously ).

Real shame when this happens but stay calm, know your rights and you should get things sorted.
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Hi
As long as your under the 6 month timescale you should be fine.

I rejected my last 2 new cars, gave them 3 chances to repair ( but didn’t need to give so many )

In the end they offered me a replacement vehicle which I refused as didn’t want to risk another.

One was a Jaguar F pace, the other a Peugeot 3008

Just decide which option is best for you, a replacement is the easiest option, a refund is a little harder as obviously the dealer does not want to have to take a faulty car back
T5 First edition Crystal White
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Michaelxc40 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:59 pm Hi
As long as your under the 6 month timescale you should be fine.

I rejected my last 2 new cars, gave them 3 chances to repair ( but didn’t need to give so many )

In the end they offered me a replacement vehicle which I refused as didn’t want to risk another.

One was a Jaguar F pace, the other a Peugeot 3008

Just decide which option is best for you, a replacement is the easiest option, a refund is a little harder as obviously the dealer does not want to have to take a faulty car back
Can I pick your brain a little about this then? I'm in a dilemma because I love the car but one of the most important things about a car is the stereo which of course is why I purchased the HK system. It's by far the best looking car about, if I were to ask for a replacement and it had the same issues would it be covered from the new date of delivery or the original date of delivery.

Does rejecting a car lose me money?
I had a valuation today and it would mean I'm £3000 down after paying the finance settlement.

I also guess I'd have to go through the dealership I purchased the car from which isn't where I live or have been having the work carried out.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate

q3billy

Post by q3billy »

pp67 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:00 pm Sorry to hear you've been having problems. It must be so frustrating and disappointing.
Generally vehicle dealers get paid very little, if any, diagnosis time on warranty repairs, hence their (bad) attitude. That is their problem not yours though. A change of dealer may make all the difference.
Alternatively, within the first 6 months I believe you do now have the right to a replacement if they cannot fix the problem even after only one attempt...or you can ask for a refund less a "reasonable" deduction for use if you really didn't want one anymore.
Read up on you rights as they may be more receptive when you point them out to them.
I hope you get it sorted soon.
I'm definitely looking into getting rid of it, I just don't want to drive it anymore and I've been using any excuse possibly to drive my partner's 10 year old, 200,000 mile Mondeo because it has less rattles.

Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

I would imagine you would have to go through the supplying dealer initially, I ended up going through a combination of the dealer and the manufacturer.
Depending on the mileage they may / can make a small deduction, I took a hit of about £100 in the end, on both cars, can’t remember the exact mileage but it. Was in the low 000’s but to be fair I had a replacement hire car for the whole period including after the rejection and the car going back right up until the day the refund hit my bank account.
T5 First edition Crystal White
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Michaelxc40 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:14 pm I would imagine you would have to go through the supplying dealer initially, I ended up going through a combination of the dealer and the manufacturer.
Depending on the mileage they may / can make a small deduction, I took a hit of about £100 in the end, on both cars, can’t remember the exact mileage but it. Was in the low 000’s but to be fair I had a replacement hire car for the whole period including after the rejection and the car going back right up until the day the refund hit my bank account.
I called my supplying dealer today to explain what was going on and he couldn't believe what they'd said to me. I've sent videos of the rattling and buzzing to Volvo UK as well, I tried to show Caffyns Eastbourne the videos but they weren't having any of it just telling me that my volume is too high at first and then the bass is set too high and then when I lowered the bass, faded it to the rear and lowered the frequencies on the EQ all they said was "well that's as good as it's going to get". Even though the rattles are still there and much worse than they've ever been.

I'll have to contact the CAB tomorrow and see what they say and I'll get back to my supplying dealer.

I've driven hundreds of miles to and from the dealership trying to fix the car as well, they don't reply to calls so I have to go down there and that's yet more mileage. The other day it was over 80 miles in one day just to and from the dealership.
Last edited by q3billy on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

q3billy

Post by q3billy »

KJH wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:24 pm http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... ts/enacted

The above may help ( taken off the Jaguar forum so all manufacturers have their issues, some more than others obviously ).

Real shame when this happens but stay calm, know your rights and you should get things sorted.
I have no idea where to look on that webpage :lol:

I have been so calm otherwise I'll just get upset over it. And I think that's why they're taking me for a ride because I don't want to kick up a fuss.