Windscreen tag position...?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

Hi All,

Having just received my XC40, I'm wanting to fit my Sanef Tag on the windscreen for an upcoming trip to France but I can't find anything in the manual as to where to position it.

In my old V40 manual, there was a picture of where it could be fitted but I've found nothing in the XC40 manual.

It has got the heated screen.

Can anyone help?
Ordered T5 R-Design Pro with most of the bells and whistles in early May ‘18 and received delivery at end of Jan ‘19
Very Happy 😃... especially now it’s Polestarred

Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Haven't got a heated screen but there should be a small shaded/crossed area near the mirror for tags. If not its hope and see but its hairy driving up to barrier for first time and not knowing if it will open. As a tip try a barrier with a card slot as well just in case rather than a tag only lane.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Ian333 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:47 am Hi All,

Having just received my XC40, I'm wanting to fit my Sanef Tag on the windscreen for an upcoming trip to France but I can't find anything in the manual as to where to position it.

In my old V40 manual, there was a picture of where it could be fitted but I've found nothing in the XC40 manual.

It has got the heated screen.

Can anyone help?
I'll be in the same boat for my trip to France in June. I'm thinking that as long as the heated windscreen is not switch on there shouldn't be a problem.
If it doesn't work just open the drivers window and hold the target outside...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

I used one in France last year and put it at the bottom left of the windscreen next to the hook and it worked without any problems on all the autoroutes.
Inscription T5 Luminous Sand