Volvo XC40 Discounts

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
VolvoJane

Post by VolvoJane »

I have been receiving offers from Car Wow for a new Volvo XC 40 and wondered what discounts others had received from dealers and which dealers they were. Am prepared to travel to collect for the best deal. Thanks

deanio

Post by deanio »

I used carwow and got mine from Lincoln Volvo as they offered the biggest discount. This was back in April though and the discounts disappeared just after I’d ordered mine due to the demand.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

I got 5% last month through Car Wow and Donaldson's in Ipswich plus an extra £500 the following week when I was still wavering. Could have got more from Carfile but I needed part exchange and their offer beat What Cars valuation which was more than the Volvo online valuation.
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

I went via Carfile and got a fair discount from Paul Rigby in Birmingham. I think it was around 8% -10%.
This was at a time when Carwow weren’t giving any discounts at all.
Ordered in August and got it in October (was a D3 Auto Inscription so maybe that helped)
Received great service from Paul Rigby too.
I also needed to Part Exchange my car and the Carfile website mentioned Wizzle.
Through them Chequers Cars contacted me and offered a great price over the phone (better than any dealer and the other online outfits), came to me within days and handed over cash with no problems at all.

Almost pleasurable.
Oblivion

Post by Oblivion »

Best deal I got on carwow/drivethedeal at the time of purchase was 7%, took the deal to my local dealership (who werent on carwow) and they matched it. Pretty pleased :)
T5 Inscription Pro, Onyx Black, Blonde interior. Ordered 15th October 2018. Delivered 1st March 2019.
Bob

Post by Bob »

If anybody on here is a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists you should be able to get up to 10% discount on a new Volvo and any extras. I did in February last year, it beat all but one of the U.K. Car Brokers (and the one that beat it was only able to offer it for a short period before they were unable to access stock). At that time there was also a dealer deposit of £1000 if you took a PCP option or 0% finance on 50% of the cost of the car, unfortunately I believe this has been stopped. I ended up getting nearly £5,000 off a T5 FE.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Last edited by Bobby on Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
T4 Inscription: Pine Grey, Blond interior + Intellisafe Surround + 360 camera + rear tinted windows. Ordered mid-Sep 2018, delivered 6th Feb 2019.
VolvoJane

Post by VolvoJane »

Thanks for all ur input people, very helpful.
KJH

Post by KJH »

I was offered 12% by GBCardeals.com (via Cars2buy) before options which was about 11.5% after adding some basic options like metallic paint. Not sure why the don't give any discount on the options though. Also doesn't appear to be available any more.

Gave my local dealer the chance to match it and they would only go to 8%. Told them meet me half way and we might have a deal as PX would have been easier through them but they wouldn't budge. I've seen several people now recommend wizzle as an alternative so was prepared to take the broker price and my chances with wizzle.

However in the end I test drove a Jaguar F - Pace and the local dealer actually bettered a broker discount of 9% and offered me £600 more on my V40 PX than the Volvo dealer was offering.

As I hadn't test driven an XC40 since the launch event I thought I'd go back and assess it again against the F-Pace and give the dealer another shot at meeting me half way. Again no movement on their price and in fact the young salesman was given a bollocking for offering up the 8% originally and not getting the sale there and then.

Went away to give myself 24 hours to make a decision between the two car and eventually chose.........

The F-Pace!!!!! It's by far the more enthralling car to drive. Can't say I'm not concerned about JLR reliability issues but if there are I will sell up as they seem to hold their value really well despite this and in all probability be back in for the XC40.
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Good luck with the F Pace I ended up rejecting mine so many faults / issues.
T5 First edition Crystal White