Volvo XC40 Discounts

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
KJH

Post by KJH »

I'm under no illusions that there is the probability of getting a pig of a car, just hoping I'm one of the lucky ones ( pathetic I know given the cost of the F -Pace) as it's absolutely lovely to drive.

TrevG

Post by TrevG »

Hi used Carwow for discount price then visited local dealer who matched the price (£2630)discount
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel
johnd

Post by johnd »

It's really helpful if anyone posting discounts can say whether they paid cash or PCP/lease. The nominal discounts are often higher on credit terms but presumably recouped by Volvo etc within some 'hidden' element of the extra cost of credit (eg APR 0.5% higher than it would be otherwise).
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Last edited by Bobby on Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
T4 Inscription: Pine Grey, Blond interior + Intellisafe Surround + 360 camera + rear tinted windows. Ordered mid-Sep 2018, delivered 6th Feb 2019.
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

My discount was also using their hire purchase offer of 50% deposit at 0% interest for the remaining balance (3 years). Apologies for the cut and paste
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel
johnd

Post by johnd »

KJH wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:32 pm The F-Pace!!!!! It's by far the more enthralling car to drive. Can't say I'm not concerned about JLR reliability issues but if there are I will sell up as they seem to hold their value really well despite this and in all probability be back in for the XC40.
Slightly surprised you didn't test-drive a Macan if the F-Pace was under serious consideration - in roughly the same price bracket I would have thought. Minimal (if any) discounts on the Macan but I know which one would probably drive better (and have better build quality and prestige into the bargain), but maybe there were other factors too.
Oblivion

Post by Oblivion »

johnd wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:00 pm It's really helpful if anyone posting discounts can say whether they paid cash or PCP/lease. The nominal discounts are often higher on credit terms but presumably recouped by Volvo etc within some 'hidden' element of the extra cost of credit (eg APR 0.5% higher than it would be otherwise).
My 7% discount (£2982) was for 0% HP. However, I hadn't made my mind up between a cash purchase or 0% finance before they gave me the discount; so didn't make a difference in my case.
T5 Inscription Pro, Onyx Black, Blonde interior. Ordered 15th October 2018. Delivered 1st March 2019.
KJH

Post by KJH »

johnd wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:10 pm
KJH wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:32 pm The F-Pace!!!!! It's by far the more enthralling car to drive. Can't say I'm not concerned about JLR reliability issues but if there are I will sell up as they seem to hold their value really well despite this and in all probability be back in for the XC40.
Slightly surprised you didn't test-drive a Macan if the F-Pace was under serious consideration - in roughly the same price bracket I would have thought. Minimal (if any) discounts on the Macan but I know which one would probably drive better (and have better build quality and prestige into the bargain), but maybe there were other factors too.
Strangely I don't like the look of the Macan so it was never really a consideration. To be honest had been wanting an XC40 since the launch event and it was only when I was getting close to placing an order where I thought I had just better run the rule over some other contenders. Had a Monday off work and was going to try the F-Pace and the Audi Q3/5 but never got further than the Jaguar garage.
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

My 5% plus £500 was for part exchange plus cash