Harman Kardon Settings

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ivath0

Post by ivath0 »

I've seen on this forum and on the internet that Auto Sound Level can be set for the HK system but I simply cannot find the settings to enable this. anyone know how to find the settings?

morrishey

Post by morrishey »

If you mean where the volume automatically adjust depending on speed, check this thread
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
ivath0

Post by ivath0 »

Thanks morrishey, That's the thread that says its possible. My problem is I can't find how to enable those settings on the XC40!
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Ah, I'm not sure if it's a selectable thing. I'll have to look again and see if there is an option. I not remember seeing one, so I think it's just there by default.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
ivath0

Post by ivath0 »

I've now been informed by Volvo that Auto Level Adjustment, Vehicle Noise Compensation & Quantum Logic Surround are all automatically set in the HK system.
BUT, they don't work on my XC40!
iainrelliott

Post by iainrelliott »

I’d agree that they’re not fit for purpose. I’ve had a HK system in a mini before and it worked better than this one. Quite disappointed by the HK system tbh.
mss911

Post by mss911 »

These frustrations & an overall difficulty in getting the system setup for your own listening preferences seem very common with HK automotive implementations.

My own frustrations had me search out "Harman Kardon BMW Settings" for example where bimmer owners have shared their sound settings if you are looking for a place to start / experiment. Started to get some success to suit my tastes.

Maybe worth sharing audio/equalizer settings here when folks have something they are pleased with ??
abby606

Post by abby606 »

Does anyone else find what I'm assuming is the volume adjustment to be too aggressive?

I was listening to a track and it sounded like it was raising and lowering the volume repeatedly because the volume of the track was spiking. Made it sound really weird, like someone was turning a volume knob up and down quickly.
mss911

Post by mss911 »

abby606 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:19 pm Does anyone else find what I'm assuming is the volume adjustment to be too aggressive?

I was listening to a track and it sounded like it was raising and lowering the volume repeatedly because the volume of the track was spiking. Made it sound really weird, like someone was turning a volume knob up and down quickly.
Are you using the "Surround" Option ? I do find if you have this 'pushed up' to the maximum setting the processing on the sound staging is really aggressive but can't quite keep up with big changes. Especially noticeable when a broadcast goes from a music track to the announcer / DJ. I can here the processor move the announcers voice to the center stage from the wide position during the first few words.

Maybe happening with the type of music you enjoy.