Interior carpet colour

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
jim4244

Post by jim4244 »

Hi all

We have a XC40 First Edition on order with expected handover in early March 2018.

What colour have folk on here decided on? We have ordered black interior with the “Lava” red carpets.

Jim

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

The demo car at Daventry had the Lava carpets Jim. They weren't to my taste - but I am not a target "millenial" - I am a bit older!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
early adopter

Post by early adopter »

Black interior and lava carpets here.
jim4244

Post by jim4244 »

pjm- just out of interest what are you driving at the moment?

Jim
jim4244

Post by jim4244 »

Well just had an e mail from Mrs Jim. She has confirmed that she has changed the carpets from Lava to Charcoal.

She reminded me of the time, back in the late 1990’s when we painted our hallway red (after watching the popular TV show “Changing Rooms”) with the odd slash of gold here and there. It was fantastic for the first week, but after 2 months I had the brush and roller out and we went back to a more traditional colour........😂

I think that the problem is that we have not seen a real car yet. In some of the photos Lava looks quite a nice red, but in others it is in your face orange. We only tend to keep our cars for a couple of years so, either way, it is no great disaster.

Jim
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

jim4244 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 am I think that the problem is that we have not seen a real car yet.
Jim, you are absolutely right. You need to see the car in real life and ideally see all charcoal, and charcoal/lava to compare. Luckily we managed to see one at Volvo HQ - I’d probably have gone charcoal without that viewing.

Colour is a tricky thing at the best of times - think of that is it a black and gold or blue and white dress controversy a few years back. I find that most amateur photographs, esp with flash, just overstate the colour/brightness. Many of the YouTube videos in natural light conditions are more representative.

Either way I am sure and Mrs Jim will be pleased. Enjoy.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Jim - my previous car was a boring Mercedes E Class Estate - charcoal interior all round! I now have a gap while waiting for XC40 delivery. That’s the gap created by my ePace order getting messed up by JLR.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o