3 month service/check up

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Morse

Post by Morse »

Tommo
I do not think there is direct ‘user’ access to this. When I was instructed on what to do, there was a message re the recalibration in the driver display, which I was told would go away when the calibration was completed. As I went to drive off, the mechanic rushed back to return the key fob which he still had. On driving off to find some suitable roads to start the calibration I noticed the message in the display had changed to ‘key not present’. I continued driving expecting the system to recognise that the key was now present and revert to the calibration message, it did not. I eventually cleared this message from the display using the controls on the steering wheel as you would to change display information normally. However when the missing key message was cleared, the calibration message did not return. As I was now unsure if the calibration was taking place in the background or had stopped, I phoned the garage (I should explain here that the instructions was not to turn off the ignition until the calibration had completed). The mechanic explained that he believed the calibration was completed as the message would still be displayed otherwise. I informed him that in the car status messages in the centre display was a warning that the calibration was not complete. I was told that the driver display overruled the information in the centre display and when I reached my destination I should switch off the car and leave it for 30 minutes to reset. When I switched it back on the centre display will be updated. This is what appeared to have happened. And the status message warning was no longer present. As he did not offer any way of going directly into the configuration set up to check I assumed this was not available to the driver. I’ve still not been on any suitable roads to check for changes or improvements for lane keeping so do not know it is has actually worked yet.
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.

Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Thanks for that morse, my car is going in next week for a warranty job to be done and to have the recall software update completed so I will mention the pilot assist to the service guy and see why he says ....hopefully it can be recalibrated whilst they have it
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

When my FE was in for the 3 month service check I informed the Volvo Technician that the Pilot Assist did not keep the car relatively central in lane.
If allowed the car can drift both left and right in lane, Pilot Assist correction only coming into effect when the car is practically on the lane line.
The Volvo Technician said lane drift was normal dependant upon the camber of the road.
My understanding was the Pilot Assist would assist in keeping the car reasonably central in lane especially on motorways.
Was the Technician avoiding a re calibration job ?
I would be pleased to know what is normal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FE 4D AWD Crystal White 20" Alloys Polestar Ordered 14 March 2018 Collected 9 October 2018
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

Julian B wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:13 am When my FE was in for the 3 month service check I informed the Volvo Technician that the Pilot Assist did not keep the car relatively central in lane.
If allowed the car can drift both left and right in lane, Pilot Assist correction only coming into effect when the car is practically on the lane line.
The Volvo Technician said lane drift was normal dependant upon the camber of the road.
My understanding was the Pilot Assist would assist in keeping the car reasonably central in lane especially on motorways.
Was the Technician avoiding a re calibration job ?
I would be pleased to know what is normal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FE 4D AWD Crystal White 20" Alloys Polestar Ordered 14 March 2018 Collected 9 October 2018
I'd also like to know this, having brought this up with my dealer on more than one occasion only to be told that it's normal. Of course I beg to differ and I don't use Pilot Assist due to it keeping the car uncomfortably close to the left of the lane. I may stand my ground at the first annual service which is due in around 3 months until they agree to re-calibrate it.
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Picked my car up on Saturday & had 48hr courtesy follow up call today.

Mentioned the left of centre positioning to dealer & stated, for me, it's just an observation & something I can live with.

He said it's something Volvo are aware of & a pending software update will correct it. He didn't say when (& I didn't ask).

So, for anyone who finds it a minor annoyance, time will heal. At least we know it can be calibrated for those that can't live with it.

Edit P.S: My car doesn't drift at all, though it does sit left of centre.

Edit P.P.S: Don't quote me on this but, the way he described the update (cameras & GPS working together) suggests that the XC40 might be about to get the next-gen software (gen 3) 😀
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
deanio

Post by deanio »

Is there any way of seeing what version of sensus software you have installed. After my wife had her car in for the 3 month check up in January, we were told nothing about any updates being done.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D