Inside lights

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Norvezhets

Post by Norvezhets »

Hi, in our XC40 T5 we have tiny lights that can be turned on only in the ceiling above the dashboard, nowhere else inside the car. At night, the passengers in the back can not turn on any light if they’re looking for something etc. On the display there’s something called “atmosphere light” or something like that, but has no effect if I click from mild to strong etc there. Is our car missing some kind of inside lighting option or are all XC40 like this?

hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Which trim level of car have you got?
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Do you not have these reading lights in the rear roof (either centrally or on either side above the door if you’ve got a glass roof)?

D773B5F0-159B-4C3F-960C-B6DD1A717337.jpeg

XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
Red Rooster

Post by Red Rooster »

Not on uk momentum pro, come on volvo thats a bit tight. Must be first car I've owned without one and first time owning one over 30k. 😕
Waiting: Momentum Pro D3 Amazon Blue, due 7th Feb 19

Delivering 21st Dec, :D
super8simon

Post by super8simon »

Ditto. The biggest gripe I have with the car is the lack of lighting for the rear passenger compartment on the Momentum. Ok, given all the features that you do get as standard, the lack of a light might seem a little trivial, but at this time of year leaving the house in the morning in the dark, and returning at night in the dark, its an annoyance I'm reminded about at least twice a day as I'm feeling around for all the bits and bobs that end up in the rear footwell. I agree with Red Rooster, a bit tight Volvo. If anyone has any 'bright' ideas, or knows of a third party option that can be easily fitted without looking rubbish I would be keen to know.
T4 Momentum, with a few extras!
Morse

Post by Morse »

Wow, I’m truly shocked at Volvo skimming on this. I would just assume lighting would be present. I’m struggling to recall the last car I owned that didn’t have lights for the benefit of rear passengers. They really have a funny slant on the lighting thing. I have the inscription pro and was attracted to the idea of different coloured choices of ambient lighting. However it is next to useless even on the highest brightest setting, but failing to provide rear lights....
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.