Dash cam - factory fitted

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
DB2k

Post by DB2k »

update:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email,

Whilst we hoped that a solution would have been released by now I am afraid that we have not received any further news on this.

Kind Regards
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD

Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

DB2k wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:48 pm I have a Thinkware on my current car and it records constantly so I'd def want that again.

sure i will report
Doesn’t it drain the battery power?
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
DB2k

Post by DB2k »

Blue Velvet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:45 pm
DB2k wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:48 pm I have a Thinkware on my current car and it records constantly so I'd def want that again.

sure i will report
No it has no big screen - just the camera and after 2 weeks it turns off anyway.

I'm still debating having one professionally fitted in the xc40 as i do miss it.
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

DB2k wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:12 pm
Blue Velvet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:45 pm

sure i will report
No it has no big screen - just the camera and after 2 weeks it turns off anyway.

I'm still debating having one professionally fitted in the xc40 as i do miss it.
I think it is better to have it professionally done. With mine you can see the cable hung loose.
Lookers Volvo in Manchester charges a hundred pounds to fit, so Halfords is where i will go to have done professionally.
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
DB2k

Post by DB2k »

yeah sorry I mean if I have one it will be professionally fitted as I'd want it hard wired and wires out the way
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD
Pirots

Post by Pirots »

It's surprising the car manufacturers have not got dashcams on their options list by now.

I will have to see which system is best for front and rear recording and works when the car is parked. I will want this fitted for when I collect the car in October/ November.
Volvo XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design, Auto, Thunder grey, Xenium pack, Intellisafe surround, Winter pack, Convenience pack, Spare wheel.
DB2k

Post by DB2k »

Pirots wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:22 am It's surprising the car manufacturers have not got dashcams on their options list by now.

I will have to see which system is best for front and rear recording and works when the car is parked. I will want this fitted for when I collect the car in October/ November.
well volvo head office told me it was coming for the xc40 in january this year.. never happened. chased it up and it sounded like it's come off the roadmap.

Unsure why - they couldn't tell me either but a huge shame. I'd much rather have it as a standard option than 3rd party fitted
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD
Hilly

Post by Hilly »

Hi had my road hawk fitted by Volvo garage, two road hawks later the garage asked Volvo uk for assistance and they said not to fit any dashcam as the safety features built in the centre of the windscreen are interfering with the RoadHawk causing it to fail. So got my money back and don’t know if at all you can fit any dashcam to the Volvo
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

I’ve had a blackvue DR900S fitted directly behind the rear view mirror below all the intellisense gubbins for 18 months. It has the WiFi turned on and live streams over the incar WiFi. No issues whatsoever.
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

I'm still very happy with my £45 dashcam purchase after around 11 months, Its very inconspicuous and the odd time I do check it all is perfect.
IE. fit and forget until you need the footage.

see the attached thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1250&p=15965#p15965