Volvo XC40 2018 review - Auto Car

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Volvo XC40 2018 review - Auto Car

volvo-xc40-rear-seats.jpg

Volvo’s XC40 arrives in the premium compact SUV segment and hits the right note with design, practicality and driving style

Should you buy one?
I think you might. This class isn’t blessed with super-competitive vehicles, which has given Volvo an advantage from the off. But while some rivals try to retain all of the sporting or dynamic DNA of their saloon or estate sister models, Volvo has been a bit more chilled about how keen the XC40 would like to be.

In being quite practical inside, quite funky both inside and out, and relaxed in its own skin with space allowed for its suspension to breathe, it has retained plenty of the U in SUV. And I rather like it for that.
Read the full review here: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/vo ... 018-review

volvo-xc40-rear.jpg

volvo-xc40-dashbaord.jpg

volvo-xc40-cornering.jpg

CelticXC40

Post by CelticXC40 »

Now waiting to see one "in the metal" This model is in the mix for a replacement to my ageing XC60. We have decided that we don't need a big car and the new XC60 looks enormous alongside my old model.
If I decide on one of these I will be looking at the T5 Inscription pro. Now waiting to see what the seating will be like. As one gets older this is the most important factor.
XC40 Inscription pro - T4 - Auto AWD - Pine Grey - Blonde Leather - 19" wheels - Intellisafe pro Pack, Tinted windows, Keyless drive, wireless charging, Xenium pack, Towbar, Spare wheel. Delivered 22nd January 2019.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The new XC60 is lovely but as well as growing in size it's certainly grown in price.

Volvo are usually renowned for comfortable seats so I too would be interested in testing this out.