MY20 changes???

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
johnd

Post by johnd »

I'm being told that MY20 is likely to be available for delivery as from April/May with an intimation that it may be better to wait (though that could also just be a reflection that the dealer has run out of build slots for delivery before then).

I can't immediately spot any posts here relating to MY20. Does anyone have any further info please? All I can glean thus far is some changes to the colour palette eg with Osmium Grey being replaced by Thunder Grey (if i remembered the name correctly - though as is the wont of car marketeers that could just be a different name for much the same shade of grey). But AIUI Denim Blue will still be available, which is all that concerns me. But what about any other changes to the spec?

Edit: I should have added that one of the expected changes is of course the introduction of a hybrid variant, but I'm really asking more about possible changes to the main XC40 line, especially T5 Inscription Pro.

Bhowani

Post by Bhowani »

Interesting point!

My T4 Ins Pro ordered in September might arrive anytime before Easter! My dealer, not in t'North, has given me a price and mileage limit for my trade-in which I am happy with as I know he will honour the deal. But as you point out, Johnd, what happens if the spec changes ]before they build our cars? Price hike from Ghent would be awkward for the dealer. Hmmm.

And yes, mine's in Denim Blue also!

Bhowani
2019 XC40 T4 - Denim Blue
globocs

Post by globocs »

My dealer has the option of changing a order they already have to the spec that I want. Build would happen at the beginning of March.

However I'm not sure if i should go ahead or wait for the MY20 changes, as I have no idea what are these changes.

Anybody have any info?
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

There’s been some speculation on the forum about Android Automotive being introduced for MY20, which could be a significant change depending on your priorities (would make me think twice) but I haven’t seen it confirmed.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018