PCP prices

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dofus_euan

Post by Dofus_euan »

Hi guys

I’m now in The process of looking around dealers to get a quote on a 4 year pcp R drive auto D4 innbursting blue with 15,000. What should I be expecting with the monthly pcp price do you think?

I can put 3k down if required

Thanks in advance

q3billy

Post by q3billy »

I put £10k down for mine purely because I intend to pay the final balloon payment. I would have liked the T4 but it would've taken the car over £40k and I wasn't prepared to pay the extra taxes.

I pay £241 a month.

Your best bet is to get quotes from a couple of dealerships and try Carwow and CarFile.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
KJH

Post by KJH »

There are plenty of brokers out there who are currently giving decent discounts on the initial purchase price of an XC40 via PCP deals, leasing and outright sale. Currently in the process of pricing up a D3 R Design myself. The best deal I've managed so far is via Cars2Buy which directed me to gbcardeals.com

Great price/discount and access to PCP deals as mentioned above. Got back to me really quickly and don't seem pressured either. I'll certainly give my main dealer a go a getting near it and to be fair the trade in figure they gave was a bit poor but I don't have to use that all.

I'd been lurking on this site for about a week or so and was surprised there wasn't a thread already where people could recommend to others where they are getting good prices. Thought it might be a forum rule that you couldn't but appears to be a case of like when you are on holiday and you don't want to talk to the people on your transfer coach in case they tell you they got the same holiday as you but for £250/person cheaper.

I'm probably going to go down the outright purchase with hopefully my trade in and some savings making up 50% and a loan (got a very good credit rating) making up the final 50%. Doing that I hope to keep interest charges down to not much more than 1k as opposed to getting on for over 4K for a PCP. There's a reason they push these deals to you. Always reckon if it's good for the seller it's bad for you.
Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

KJH wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:44 pm There are plenty of brokers out there who are currently giving decent discounts on the initial purchase price of an XC40 via PCP deals, leasing and outright sale. Currently in the process of pricing up a D3 R Design myself. The best deal I've managed so far is via Cars2Buy which directed me to gbcardeals.com

Great price/discount and access to PCP deals as mentioned above. Got back to me really quickly and don't seem pressured either. I'll certainly give my main dealer a go a getting near it and to be fair the trade in figure they gave was a bit poor but I don't have to use that all.

I'd been lurking on this site for about a week or so and was surprised there wasn't a thread already where people could recommend to others where they are getting good prices. Thought it might be a forum rule that you couldn't but appears to be a case of like when you are on holiday and you don't want to talk to the people on your transfer coach in case they tell you they got the same holiday as you but for £250/person cheaper.

I'm probably going to go down the outright purchase with hopefully my trade in and some savings making up 50% and a loan (got a very good credit rating) making up the final 50%. Doing that I hope to keep interest charges down to not much more than 1k as opposed to getting on for over 4K for a PCP. There's a reason they push these deals to you. Always reckon if it's good for the seller it's bad for you.
I (think) I’ve got 50% down and the final 50% at 0% over three years directly through my dealer. I think it was Santander that is doing the finance so it might be worth giving your dealer a shout.
Ordered T5 R-Design Pro with most of the bells and whistles in early May ‘18 and received delivery at end of Jan ‘19
Very Happy 😃... especially now it’s Polestarred
KJH

Post by KJH »

Not sure if that 0% is available through the broker but will ask. Was intending on a five year loan period as the monthly payments seem less daunting and then I chip away at it where I can to hopefully pay it off a lot earlier. If I looked at it over three years initially I'd probably not pull the trigger on the deal when I saw what I was committed to every month.
Harrydog

Post by Harrydog »

Advice I was given from someone in the motor trade, even if you have the full cash sum always go for pcp/finance as dealers can give massive discount then pay off the full sum with personal loan or cash within the 14 day cool off time.
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

I was just about to say the same as Harrydog. Generally find a bigger discount available if you use PCP - manufacturer discounts because they want you to come back in a few years for a new one, dealer discount because they get incentives for selling finance.

Take it out, give it a few weeks, pay it off with whatever cash source you were going to use to buy outright.

I’m no financial professional - just my experience from the last few purchases.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.