ME & MUDFLAPS

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

Sorry Septercius they look ok to me viewed on my IPad maybe it’s a software issue
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel

stu22

Post by stu22 »

Fitted a set of the cheap eBay mudflaps from China to our new car today - near perfect fit and match the rest of the plastics.
Very happy for the price. 👍🏻
Mickr

Post by Mickr »

Anyone got a website link for a cheap boot liner.
FE/T5/Bursting Blue
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Mickr wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:27 pm Anyone got a website link for a cheap boot liner.
eBay.
AyrshireXC90

Post by AyrshireXC90 »

Although not the cheapest, I have used www.roofbox.co.uk for boot liners for my last three cars. For two of them, I bought the Rezaw Plast version, which works best if the boot is lower than the boot lip. For our XC40, we paid a bit more and went for the Carbox liner, which fits like a glove. It has a flat section that covers the boot lip perfectly without affecting the lock at all (and it does not move once in position). Cost about £60 but good value for something that is well made and fits perfectly.
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

I’ve ordered a boot liner but didn’t really want mud flaps but looking at TrevG’s pictures, I think I’ve changed my mind. They really suit the car. Seems it’s better to go for TPE as it’s a more flexible material. I think I’m going to be ordering some.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

I bought the genuine Volvo Mudflaps - rear only. I can’t understand paying, in my case £40k, and skimping on cheap accessories from the likes of AliExpress and eBay. Each to their own I suppose.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
ak888

Post by ak888 »

Dermottdog wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:31 pm I bought the genuine Volvo Mudflaps - rear only. I can’t understand paying, in my case £40k, and skimping on cheap accessories from the likes of AliExpress and eBay. Each to their own I suppose.
I agree. However, I wouldn't throw good money away, so ordered a pair of genuine ones from a dealer that advertised on ebay and installed myself. The installation was simples once I purchased one of those stubby small ratchet wrenches.
Nat Ionalbusco

Post by Nat Ionalbusco »

Dermottdog wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:31 pm I bought the genuine Volvo Mudflaps - rear only. I can’t understand paying, in my case £40k, and skimping on cheap accessories from the likes of AliExpress and eBay. Each to their own I suppose.
What you are failing to understand is the cheap flaps are to all intents and purpose the same as the dealer fitted ones. They are stamped with the same part number, are from the same mold and are the same material. The same in every way.

I've compared dealer and cheap and can not tell a difference.

As has been mentioned some main dealers have a eBay outlet and do sell the cheaper versions via that route.

Mine were bought on Amazon - front and rear £30 total cost. Would have been ~£120 from the main dealer.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

I’m not failing to understand at all. Dealer mud flaps for the rear - £80 from Volvo. Your rear mud flaps were £15? It’s kind of like a Rolex from a market in Turkey. Looks the same, weighs the same, feels the same. To all intents and purposes, it’s a Rolex - except it’s not.
Like I said, each to their own.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.