Auto Volume Increase/Decrease

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

This should be one of the fixes in the latest Sensus update (released around April/May).

You either have to wait for your service or invent a mystery fault.

I'm about to enquire as to whether the 3 month check is still being done so, fingers crossed, may get the update soon.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera

elysio

Post by elysio »

I have the base audio system, and if it does have volume compensation, then it's really weak, almost unnoticeable.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

I have the Harman Kardon but am not sure whether the volume compensation works or not. It was easy to notice on my old little Peugeot but on my 2018 XC40 the music is way too loud when I park or unpark. UK support told me to find the "Volume compensation" menu, but either I don't have it or they were referring to the V40:

The audio system compensates for disrupting noises by increasing the volume in relation to the speed of the car. The compensation level can be set to Low, Medium, High or Off.
Press SOUND to access the audio settings menu. Turn TUNE to Volume compensation and press OK/MENU.
Select level by turning TUNE and confirm with OK/MENU.

Does anyone have the "Volume Compensation" under "SOUND - Audio Settings" menu? Were there any updates that enabled/disabled this setting?
There should also be some "Vehicle Noise Compensation" function that adjusts the volume according to fan level and wind noise. It apparently uses those ceiling microphones to compensate the volume. Is that function always on? Can we somehow adjust it?
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

Hi
I have also the H&K audio system and I can tell that it has regrettably the noise compensation enabled.
I am say this as firstly there are no settings to control it. Secondly when I switch off the engine it decides to pump up the volume without any reason. But the most annoying is that it increases the volume at a very uncomfortable level when turning on the defroster.
And of course while driving on the highway it does not do any change.

I am not aware if anyone else has similar opinion but I wish it was not enabled as I have asked the dealer and he says there is no fix for the above.