setting headlights for UK driving

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
robbieF95

Post by robbieF95 »

Hi,
I live in France and occasionally pop over to the UK. I've had 2 V70c, 2 XC60s and 1 V40. All had a method of setting the headlights for driving on the left. I now have an XC40 which is brilliant, but I have't found out how to set the headlights for the UK. Not mentioned in the manual. Even my local Volvo dealer doesn't know. I wonder if it's automatic linked to the GPS ? Does anyone know, please ?

Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

I'm not 100% sure on this but I recall reading somewhere that the LED headlights have a "flat pattern" dipped beam and therefore do not require adjustment for driving on left/right. Traditional dipped beams have a rising pattern to the passenger side. Should be easy enough to check on a narrow countryside road in the dark I guess.
I may be wrong though...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

There is a thread on this forum under 'Driving in Europe' which pretty much confirms that no adjustment is required
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

You don't have to adjust LED headlights because the beam pattern doesn't kick like halogen headlights.
Just make sure you don't use the auto high beam because that's set up for traffic driving on the other side of the road.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red