Front & Rear Park Assist Late in Activating?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
iainrelliott

Post by iainrelliott »

I’ve had my R design for a week now and can’t help but think that the parking sensors are very late in activating. Feels like you have to be very close to something before the display changes or there is any audible signal. Also, if it activated then I stop it disappears and is very slow to come back. Has anyone else noticed this?

PC40

Post by PC40 »

I’ve not noticed the sensors acting late. If anything I thought they acted early.
The rear ones appear to leave enough room to open the boot whilst screaming on red.
The front ones seem to allow closer parking but still with more than sufficient room to walk round the car, especially when parking towards a wall.
Maybe you need to get the sensitivity checked.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Yes they are very late. I’ve already found out at a cost, reversing and hit I low wall, £600 plus for a new rear bumper. They sent out a guy to inspect the damage, he stood behind my car rear sensor I put it in reverse and nothing happens didn’t activate
It only activated once the car started to move and even then after a slight delay, hence my accident. Please be aware if you reverse near an object, stop then re start it maybe too late for the sensor to detect it !!
T5 First edition Crystal White
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Did Volvo say that's an issue?

The manual does say that the rear parking sensors are activated as soon as reverse is selected even when stationary
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
iainrelliott

Post by iainrelliott »

Michaelxc40 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:07 pm Yes they are very late. I’ve already found out at a cost, reversing and hit I low wall, £600 plus for a new rear bumper. They sent out a guy to inspect the damage, he stood behind my car rear sensor I put it in reverse and nothing happens didn’t activate
It only activated once the car started to move and even then after a slight delay, hence my accident. Please be aware if you reverse near an object, stop then re start it maybe too late for the sensor to detect it !!
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I think I’ll keep an eye on it and get it checked out if I continue to feel they’re late in coming on. I’ll need to try a test with someone walking up to it when parked.
Mars

Post by Mars »

Hi,
Can anyone help - Can I retro fit the front parking sensors ?
Many thanks
Mars
rhaleuk

Post by rhaleuk »

I also feel the sensors are late / laggy. It's definitely caused me an issue and they are no where near as sensitive or accurate as on my old BMW. I feel like its the software being laggy as when you're going slow and the screen has already changed the sensitivity improves, but those first few moments are too slow for my liking.
XC40 D4 Auto First Edition, Crystal White, Lava Orange, 20" Alloys, Polestar - Ordered 14/3/18 - Delivery 6/10/18
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

I have had the same problems from day one.
My car was collected last Wednesday 19th June for some sort of further investigation and camera calibration. The verdict was: my dash cam was to blame and has been repositioned to passenger side.
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

Blue Velvet wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:56 pm I have had the same problems from day one.
My car was collected last Wednesday 19th June for some sort of further investigation and camera calibration. The verdict was: my dash cam was to blame and has been repositioned to passenger side.
Yes that was how close I got before bars turned red...terrifying!

DCB404F2-42A3-402C-AD75-67F11729FD85.jpeg

Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
Philipxc40

Post by Philipxc40 »

I have new xc40 recharge and only 1500 miles on the clock . I was manoeuvring round a car park and reversed into a bollard . I don’t remember the parking sensors operating, or the car automatically stopping me . 1500 pounds later and two weeks off the road .