Sudden loss of power

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

This is a good example of what a faulty EGR Valve can do.
I’ve had it before and they can make a car stutter and drop power momentarily.
It’s bizarre to me that many mechanics today aren’t. They’re just IT users.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020

eng59

Post by eng59 »

My 2019 xc40 also has the loss of power akin to a misfire when after 30-40 yards from starting the engine,
Intermittent of course but worrying when you pull out of a junction and the car pretty much stops leaving you to have to resort to a full throttle to get power back on and the car moving before it’s hit by traffic approaching.
Cars in this week for 1st service ,software recall and the worst gearbox on the world (I have to disconnect the battery once a week to try and make sure the gearbox works for a week🙄😮
Not impressed ...
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Whaaat? That’s shocking. And downright dangerous.
You seriously need to leave it with the dealer with a list of the faults and tell them not to call you until they’re sorted.
Good luck.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
Trafford

Post by Trafford »

I also experience some loss of power, between 2000-3000 rpm, and it lasts for about 2 seconds. I told the mechanics when I went for a service, and afterwards they told me "they installed new engine software". I have experienced it again though.
Jyri

Post by Jyri »

I have exactly same problem. After several visits to local dealer there is still no solution available to fix this dangerous power loss problem. Already more than 2 years waiting for Volvo to fix this, but nothing happens. My first and last Volvo ever. Very bad customer service!
Cdlewis18

Post by Cdlewis18 »

Had this problem on t3 model, been back to the dealer they said it was an oxygen sensor issue, replaced it but it is still happening. To date it’s had a recall for faulty air con, new bearing in the front strut, issue with the software relating to the wipers and the oxygen sensor, car is only 8 months old 😔
XC40 Volvo Owner

Post by XC40 Volvo Owner »

Hi
My car is doing the same. It has been in the garage twice, the mechanic said it was unsafe to drive but now the dealership are forcing me to have it back. Im in debate at the minute. Have you got anywhere?
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I think I've had this twice, but it is very fleeting. Both times I was moving over white line markings to commence an overtake, once on a single carriageway, once on a motorway. It felt like the acceleration just stopped suddenly. I expected some dashboard message but nothing.

My first thought was the gearbox, dropping out of gear, or trying to change down but failing.

I hesitate to take it to a dealer because it's not reproducible, and only happened happened twice in 2000 miles.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
kt23

Post by kt23 »

I have this intermittent fault too. Any idea what causes it?