Rear Camera in dark

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
allroad

Post by allroad »

Just usless!!!!!

Anyone else ?
XC 40 FE FUSION RED D4 19" HL WASHERS TOW BAR LISBURN N.IRELAND...Now Polestarred !

kfoxpt

Post by kfoxpt »

I agree. However, it is fantastic in daylight. I question whether this is a contrast issue with the camera so close to the license plate light. I covered the plate with dark tape and the picture improved greatly in the dark. I tried to shroud the camera slightly with limited success due to lack of time and skill. I have put in a word with my wonderfully supportive dealer. My suggestion was to electronically turn off the license plate light while in reverse. Fingers crossed.
2019 XC40 T5 Black/Blonde with Vision, Premium, and Moonroof packages
allroad

Post by allroad »

How would they do that ?
XC 40 FE FUSION RED D4 19" HL WASHERS TOW BAR LISBURN N.IRELAND...Now Polestarred !
Jaolchhu4

Post by Jaolchhu4 »

I’ve resorted to turning on the rear fog lamp to improve the visibility a bit. It is not the best rear camera that’s for sure.
XC40 D4 FE Stone Black 20" Alloys
James Blonde

Post by James Blonde »

Actually, night visibility with the mirrors is awful as well, the reversing light just isn't bright enough. Must try the fog light...
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Can’t say I’ve had any problem with the reversing lights. Seem very bright in low light. Under street lighting, they’re less noticeable, but there’s plenty of ambient light anyway. Glad reading this though that I haven’t got the reversing camera.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018