Volvo on call

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Kethom

Post by Kethom »

Hi

I have just received my Volvo xc40 T5 today and when I try to connect to Volvo on call through my app it tells me that my VIN is invalid, I have entered this numerous times so I know done correctly, is anyone aware why this might be?

Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

It should have been set up by the dealer when you collected. I would get on to them. they didn't do mina either but were able to do it remotely when I chased them.
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

I would also advise to visit the dealer. I couldn't get mine working without them poking into it with VIDA.
AZXC40

Post by AZXC40 »

I have the same problem. My insurance agent even called and made me send a picture of my VIN number as they even said it was invalid. When I take it into the dealership they say that it is fine. I’ve emailed Volvo several times and have not gotten any response. :!: :?:
Moss

Post by Moss »

Kethom wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:29 pm Hi

I have just received my Volvo xc40 T5 today and when I try to connect to Volvo on call through my app it tells me that my VIN is invalid, I have entered this numerous times so I know done correctly, is anyone aware why this might be?
Here’s what I would do :

First, check the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the car :

1. In the System Information on the center display :
Go to Settings in the center display’s top view and proceed to System - System Information - Vehicle Identification Number. The VIN of the car will be displayed
2. On the first page of the Warranty and Service Records Information booklet.
3. On the vehicle's registration document.
4. On the car itself : look at the dashboard through the vehicle's windshield (on the left side of the vehicle for LHD, not 100 % sure it’s on the left side as well for RHD).
All those numbers should be the same, of course : if they are, that’s the correct VIN. If they’re different, the thing to do is to take the car back to the dealer to solve the problem.
Then, I would uninstall the Volvo On Call (VOC) app on my smartphone, re-install the app, and try again, double-checking if my input actually is the exact VIN of the car (making sure to capitalize all the letters, and making sure O’s are not zeros or vice-versa).