MY20

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
XC_20

Post by XC_20 »

Goldfish perhaps you can help-I have had it confirmed I am getting MY20 as my dealer was late getting the order in for MY19 cut off. Anyway I had to choose a new colour as Pine Grey has gone but he hasn’t said if it is metallic or not (as would have been when we built the car up on his computer) and he hasn’t said whether the folding seats are gone...the order form simply states Denim blue 723 and the packs for winter and convenience still list the options that MY19 had. He says he has no info on MY20 yet so I am unsure what will turn up-i.e non-metallic (which I don’t want) etc. Can they mix MY19 packs with a MY20 car??

Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

xc_20,
I gather you order the inscription trim. Go back to page 2 of this discussion to see the MY20 full spec I attached.
Denim blue is metallic and literally all colour is metallic and chargeable. You can go to the international site to see the new colours.
Winter pack is standard for the pro same as before.
Convenience pack has added the power tailgate & keyless. Different price for r design & inscription.
My order wasn't built or printed out by his computer and needed to be hand written. However I had a call from the salesman for a delivery date that would be in end of June.
When did you order and do you have delivery date?
Will you be charged the old or new price?
I think it is not too clever your guy has no MY20 info, mine started the conversation on this subject straightaway and email me his list.
aj05

Post by aj05 »

Volvo uk have advised me when asked that uk website will be updated on the 1st April so I would assume all cars after that date will be MY20
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

aj05 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:14 am Volvo uk have advised me when asked that uk website will be updated on the 1st April so I would assume all cars after that date will be MY20
I have to disagree. There is little correlation between website updates and production changes - Volvo UK are just slow.

MY designation is attached at order time - MY20 designation began in December. Volvo will have a date in mind but, even they can't guarantee it yet - MY19 will finish when the last MY19 rolls off the production line.......... then the MY changeover dance begins - there's a YouTube video of this happening somewhere.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Real name Carl
Bright Silver/Charcoal
aj05

Post by aj05 »

Volvo over the years have changed model year designation in April and sometimes May and as my dealer put it its only a change of a few switches, a couple of new colours and a fiddle with the packs not something that's going to cause major disruption on the production line and he is sure Volvo would like to pass on new prices asap. I think the V60 had more Significant changes than this hence the complete shutdown of the line Delivery times are also getting shorter my car ordered this week scheduled for mid June (last time I enquired was quoted 7-8 months) and they have had a several cars arrive weeks before expected date.
senwar

Post by senwar »

I ordered a new XC60 last year, on Sunday 18th Feb. The MY19 changes were announced the following morning and I was advised it would be a few weeks before they knew the impact and couldn't honour my order as it hadn't been input to the system.

Later that week I had the opportunity to get the XC40 in the timescale I needed so swapped. If I remember correctly, it was a good 6 weeks before the website was showing the correct details and it was at least 2 weeks before the price changes were confirmed.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Changes, order cut-off dates, and (Euro) prices are announced by Volvo in a very timely fashion (I previously posted a press release from Volvo.NL from December, detailing (some of) the NL changes.

Problem is, it takes ages for Volvo UK to decide what (sterling) prices to charge, & how to construct model lines & packages.

Model lines & packages have zero impact on production lines; new paint codes, wheel options, & revised rear seat mechanisms do (production lines will stop, maybe only momentarily, whilst these changes are applied).

Lead times are now approx 4 months but, I'll bet there were some UK orders taken in Dec/Jan where the dealers couldn't submit them but weren't entirely truthful with their customers.
Real name Carl
Bright Silver/Charcoal
XC_20

Post by XC_20 »

Hi Goldfish, had a look back at page 2-thanks. Been in today and he has given me the spec list now-they haven’t got a sample of Thunder Grey but I chose Denim blue in the end. Order finally went through on 20th and has been moved back from what was hoped would be May to July but he is going to see if he can have that moved forward again. Will wait to see-but sound similar time scale to yours I guess.