Hi from Adelaide, South Australia

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ausmyk

Post by Ausmyk »

Hi,

I have been reading through these xc40 forums for a few months. I placed an order in April for a Momentum with T5. It seems introducing this XC40 to countries has a history of stuff ups beacuse the dealer found out several weeks later that the Australian line-up would only allow a T5 in an R-Design (despite the T5 being the only petrol engine used in all First Edition/Launch Models in Australia which were either Momentums or R-Designs basically fully optioned.) So I had to do a new order for an R-Design, lost my light colour interior and had a Black roof thrust upon me and my car is now due to Land in Australia on the 17 Oct with delivery a week or two after that. (Apparently they exit ships at Melbourne - so it has to then be transported the 770 km over to Adelaide).

I have been driving a Forester XT Premium since May 13, (my third Forester) the last year or so waiting patiently for the 5 year Subaru model rollover from S4 to S5 due this year but was disgruntled to find out that Subaru has dropped the Turbo version. We do a bit of country road travelling across Asutralia and I hate being on the wrong side of the road for any length of time when overtaking trucks on our one lane each way national roads. After 5 years of a power to weight ratio of 109.5 W/Kg I was not going to drop back to 89.2 losing 40kW and 100Nm to the new Forester. So after lots of research I discovered the XC40 and the T5. It is probably about 10 to 15 K more expensive but it is a much closer fit (108.2 W/Kg) to the power to weight legacy we have become used to.

Volvo is not a new brand to me - I have owned a blue 240GLE, a cream 240 GL and a blue 740 GL back in the 80's and now 30 years later I will be adding a silver XC40 to that list.

I look forward to continuing to scour these forums for info and insights and would like to thank all of you for you past posts.

Regards

AUS Mike
XC40 R-Design (AUS spec ie T5 AWD) Bright Silver, 19”, 4C Chassis, HK Sound, Heated Front Seats, Tech Pack, Polestar, 19/4/18, 30/10/18

johnbluerio

Post by johnbluerio »

Welcome to the forum
Guess you won't be going for the heated seats and heated steering wheel options. the Aircon is very good and I think you will find the higher driving position a better option than the Forester. Had ours for 6 months now and 4500miles without any problems.
First Edition T5 20” wheels not just a 245bhp 4x4 ipad.
Ausmyk

Post by Ausmyk »

Johnbluerio - Thank you for the welcome.
We did actually option in heated front seats - we live in the Adelaide Hills and it’s not uncommon for overnight winter temps of 0 (32 F) with mid winter overnight avg about 5 (41 F). As for A/C we will sure test it out if we have another 44 (111 F) day in summer.
XC40 R-Design (AUS spec ie T5 AWD) Bright Silver, 19”, 4C Chassis, HK Sound, Heated Front Seats, Tech Pack, Polestar, 19/4/18, 30/10/18