Hi from Nicosia - Cyprus

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
niteshade

Post by niteshade »

Yes, Android Auto is extra as part of the Smartphone integration.
When I last spoke to the sales guy, he said they are working on bringing VOC to Cyprus. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
I'm not overly active in Facebook but a group is a good idea, we can connect with other XC40 owners :)
D3 R-Design / Bursting Blue

Bestfan

Post by Bestfan »

:o :o :o
How's this so?

What is available and what is not?

Because as I saw in the manual so far, there is a service line designated for Cyprus customers that the Volvo on call service uses.

What can you do with the app and what not?

Sorry my XC40 hasn't arrived yet so I can't check these myself!
Ordered: XC40 Momentum FWD, Black Stone, with Park assist, Rear camera, charcoal leather and headlining, inductive charging.
Expected: late December / early December
andreasms

Post by andreasms »

I saw the service line as well which made me wonder.
Considering Volvo on Call was available on XC60 & XC90, I don't see why they would offer it now..

When did you order yours?
andreasms

Post by andreasms »

I ordered a Momentum btw, added park assist + camera but I'm torn between choosing a couple of extras or not. (Assuming they would accept any changes :)
I'm actually on a budget so I'd like your input.

- Leather sears - love the idea, had it in my previous car but always hated it during summer. Has anyone tried the cloth seats?
- Carplay - Apart from Spotify and Google Maps, I don't use other apps much. Is the Navigation sufficient, or should I go for the Smartphone Integ. to use maps?
- 360 camera - having park assist + rear camera, don't see the need but I'm open to discussion.

Is there anything else you think that it would be a "must"?

niteshade

Post by niteshade »

Guys, I dug up this page from the website:
https://www.volvocars.com/el-cy/support ... 513bb61128

According to this, VOC is not yet available for the XC40 in Cyprus.
The sales guy just mentioned it wasn't available without clarifying hence the confusion.

andreasms wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:22 pm BTW I ordered a Momentum btw, added park assist + camera but I'm torn between choosing a couple of extras or not. (Assuming they would accept any changes :)
I'm actually on a budget so I'd like your input.

- Leather sears - love the idea, had it in my previous car but always hated it during summer. Has anyone tried the cloth seats?
- Carplay - Apart from Spotify and Google Maps, I don't use other apps much. Is the Navigation sufficient, or should I go for the Smartphone Integ. to use maps?
- 360 camera - having park assist + rear camera, don't see the need but I'm open to discussion.

Is there anything else you think that it would be a "must"?

Andrea, depending on how far along your order is, it might not be possible to make changes.

If they do accept any changes though I would strongly suggest you add BLIS.
I'm finding it invaluable when cars are flying past me at warp speed while I'm trying to change lanes!

- The leather seats are great although now during the heat, I've been hanging a towel over the seat for obvious reasons
- Park assist with 360 Camera is amazing, you won't regret it
- The in-car nav is ok though I haven't relied on it too much yet. Google maps is better though. The in-car spotify app is also good. I'm using that instead of the phone.
andreasms

Post by andreasms »

niteshade wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:45 pm
Andrea, depending on how far along your order is, it might not be possible to make changes.

If they do accept any changes though I would strongly suggest you add BLIS.
I'm finding it invaluable when cars are flying past me at warp speed while I'm trying to change lanes!

- The leather seats are great although now during the heat, I've been hanging a towel over the seat for obvious reasons
- Park assist with 360 Camera is amazing, you won't regret it
- The in-car nav is ok though I haven't relied on it too much yet. Google maps is better though. The in-car spotify app is also good. I'm using that instead of the phone.
Thank you so much for your input, it really helps to have insight from someone who uses the car.
Do you use your phone in case you need maps?
I know Cyprus is small and the use of maps is kind of limited, but I've always found it handy when driving in other cities.
Bestfan

Post by Bestfan »

I ordered mine last days of August. Been told that it should arrive around end of December to January.

Disappointed to hear about the Volvo app however I am sceptical regarding the article provided above for 2 reasons:

1. The xc40 is well beyond 2011 model!
2. The app is clearly connected to the car so why in the world would it not be made available and how does it defers from other countries???

Is there anyone who tried to connect it?
Also it says clearly that Volvo on call is included in the price list given by CTC....

Screenshot_20181009-164121_Google PDF Viewer.jpg

Last edited by Bestfan on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ordered: XC40 Momentum FWD, Black Stone, with Park assist, Rear camera, charcoal leather and headlining, inductive charging.
Bestfan

Post by Bestfan »

BTW regarding Facebook group for Cyprus owners I believe it's a great idea to have especially to share any common defaults etc.! Let me know if you have one already active. 😋
niteshade

Post by niteshade »

Bestfan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:37 pm
Is there anyone who tried to connect it?
Also it says clearly that Volvo on call is included in the price list given by CTC....
When I took delivery of the car, I tried to connect when the notification ' VOC subscription has expired ' came up in the center display.
The sales guy was sitting next to me going over the basic functions of the car. That's when he told me it's not available yet and they will let me know when it is.

This message still comes up from time to time.

Beyond this I don't have any other info other than the article I found which lists different VOC functionality for different car models 2012 and beyond.

I suggest you call them and get more info if you like :)
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

CTC sale guy confirmed to me that Volvo on call will be available by Xmas time so lets see if Santa can do something about it.
OK, i tried to honk twice to an XC40 i crossed by but the driver did not seem very happy ..:)
I think i better flash twice the headlights as a more friendly greeting.