Hi from Sydney, Australia

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
dalmato80

Post by dalmato80 »

Hey everyone,

Stumbled upon this forum tonight and was very excited to find an XC40 community :D

I fell in love with this car since the concept was unveiled in 2016. Ordered mine in June and hopefully I’ve only got one more month to wait till my mine comes

I ordered a T5 R Design in Bursting Blue with every option except heated rear seats and steering wheel (doesn’t get that cold in Oz). I got the 4-c suspension as well even though I could find no reviews on it....

Going into my dealer tomorrow to check on the arrival date and might order the Polestar upgrade as well as it was just announced in Oz. Going to read through Polestar thread now... :D

johnbluerio

Post by johnbluerio »

hi to the other side of the world,
I think I would wait until you've driven a few thousand miles before you go for the Polestar, I've found the T5 is quick enough and for price you don't get a significant improvement . Had my software updated last week at 3 month check up and whatever they have done appears to make it more driveable , in my opinion.
Its worth waiting for. ( and we do need the extra heated bits in the UK !)
First Edition T5 20” wheels not just a 245bhp 4x4 ipad.
dalmato80

Post by dalmato80 »

johnbluerio wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:08 pm hi to the other side of the world,
I think I would wait until you've driven a few thousand miles before you go for the Polestar, I've found the T5 is quick enough and for price you don't get a significant improvement .

Thanks for the advice!
jobyfam

Post by jobyfam »

Hi dalmato80
I’m in Sydney also and am about to finalize paperwork on an xc40 R design.
How do you find the 4C suspension? Any problems with it? I had a thread going somewhere else but it would be great to get a first hand comment. Is it a really comfortable ride? Did you worry about expensive repair options with it if needed down the track, it’s reliability etc. Any comments appreciated.
Thanks