Hello From Kent - UK

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Hi To All
This is my first time on the forum so just thought i would introduce myself, I have ordered a XC40 just over a month ago with an expected delivery date of around the end of March 2019.
I have gone for an T4 Inscription Pro in crystal white with Oxide Red leather and added pretty much all the packs and add-ons that’s available to bring it up to spec, I'm reading the topics in the forum with great intrigue and interest, one thing i have noticed though is a lot of people have had the Polestar upgrade which i have not and wondered if this is something that i should have gone for.

Steve
XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD, Crystal White with Oxide Red Leather, Heated S/W, Intellisafe Pro, H K sound, Tempa Spare Wheel, Xenium Pack, Dark Windows,.

Part Exchange - Lexus RC300h F Sport, Sonic Red, 2017.

johnbluerio

Post by johnbluerio »

hi Steve welcome to the forum
I'm not sure if I could have waited 6months for delivery but from what information the forum gives on delivery dates some have gone out and some have shortened. dependant on the model and country, as the forum appears European and worldwide.
Used FE T5s at some dealers in the UK are priced at £2-3k more than the new price. Its the marketplace of supply not able to keep up with demand.
Definitely worth waiting for .
First Edition T5 20” wheels not just a 245bhp 4x4 ipad.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Hi John
6 months is a long time but as you say demand has out weighed supply but I see that as a good thing, It obviously means that the product is good and I don't mind the wait, our currant car is just two years old next month but my wife wanted a more practical car.

The XC40 wasn't on our radar and went over to have a look at the XC60 but as soon as we see XC40 that was it, something different to the main stream drudge that's out there, great looks and Volvo build quality - perfect.
XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD, Crystal White with Oxide Red Leather, Heated S/W, Intellisafe Pro, H K sound, Tempa Spare Wheel, Xenium Pack, Dark Windows,.

Part Exchange - Lexus RC300h F Sport, Sonic Red, 2017.
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Steve W wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:59 pm Hi John
6 months is a long time but as you say demand has out weighed supply but I see that as a good thing, It obviously means that the product is good and I don't mind the wait, our currant car is just two years old next month but my wife wanted a more practical car.

The XC40 wasn't on our radar and went over to have a look at the XC60 but as soon as we see XC40 that was it, something different to the main stream drudge that's out there, great looks and Volvo build quality - perfect.
That's what I did. I didn't even know the XC40 existed until I went in to test drive and buy a V40.
Been after a V40 since they were released, I still love the way they look but after laying my eyes on the XC40 I immediately changed my mind about the test drive and took the XC40 out instead, a week later I had one on order.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red