Hello from Kent

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
MB40

Post by MB40 »

Hello all, just joined this forum after meeting a fellow XC40 owner (and forum member) in a Sainsbury's car park in sunny Northumberland, turns out we are both on holiday up here.
Ordered my FE on Feb 28 and delivery date was forecast as early May. Sure enough it arrived 3rd May. Had to forgo the headlamp washers (420 pound price reduction) but no problem with wheels as I ordered the 19's anyhow.
Love the car but have the frustration of the orange engine emissions warning light on. Had it reset a few days ago but it came back on yesterday. Will get it to the dealer when I get back to Kent (error code is sticking NOx sensor).
FE D4 l Bursting Blue l 19" l Took delivery 3rd May

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Greetings MB40 and welcome. It was good to chat with you the other day in the far north! As you mentioned NOx in your post, I should add that there was some sort of update related to NOx made to my BB when I took it in for its 3 month check a couple of weeks ago. Maybe check that with your dealer once back home?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=542#p5035

PS Sounds like you got a bigger £££ reduction than most for your missing HCS!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Welcome to the forum. We were in Northumberland last week and yours was likely one of the BB XC40's that I noticed on the roads. The colourful R-Designs are certainly more noticeable on the roads than my grey Inscription!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Bet my black one will pale into insignificance alongside all the bright coloured ones 😳
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

I reckon that it will look good! Bet you are looking forward to getting it. Black is one of the few colours I haven't seen on the roads yet.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Hello Kent yep really looking forward to collection tomorrow I had no control over the colour as it was a cancelled order the dealer wasn’t expecting to be built/ supplied so I had to have the colour that had been ordered already otherwise I wouldn’t have got a FE.... so small price to pay, could have got an ex demo but all those I saw had 3k miles and very little saving on new price so guess I’ve been very lucky
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June