Newbie, Order Placed

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Taff

Post by Taff »

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone, been browsing your forum for a couple of weeks while pondering on ordering an XC40, to replace my Audi Q3 which I will be returning back to Audi in October at the end of the three year PCP.

I ordered an XC40 Inscription D3 Automatic in Pine Grey, Charcoal Leather, with Winter Pack, Front Sensors and Reversing Camera and Tempra spare wheel on Wednesday, dealer has given me an estimated delivery of 12th November 2018.

I had contacted Volvo direct before ordering and they confirmed they are taking orders for the XC40 Inscription D3 Automatic.

Fingers crossed they are correct.

Taff
Last edited by Taff on Fri May 25, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ordered XC40 D3 Inscription Automatic, Pine Grey, Charcoal Leather, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Camera, Tempra Spare Wheel. (Ordered 23/5/18) Delivered 20th September 2018.

Luigiwhattt

Post by Luigiwhattt »

Welcome, Taff.

Excellent choice. It’ll be worth the wait.

No doubt you’ve seen jstuer (?)’s post with the pics of the Pine Grey Inscription. If not, I thoroughly recommend having a browse to appreciate the stunning car you will be getting.
D3 Auto Inscription - Denim Blue with Blonde Leather - Winter Pack - Xenium Pack - IntelliSafe Pack - Spare Wheel.
Ordered 03/03/18 (Exeter)
Collection 21/07/18
Taff

Post by Taff »

Hi Luigwhattt,

No I had not seen jstuer pictures, it looks amazing in the metal, I think I made a good choice of colour.
Ordered XC40 D3 Inscription Automatic, Pine Grey, Charcoal Leather, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Camera, Tempra Spare Wheel. (Ordered 23/5/18) Delivered 20th September 2018.
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Taff wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:33 pm Just wanted to say Hi to everyone, been browsing your forum for a couple of weeks while pondering on ordering an XC40, to replace my Audi Q3 which I will be returning back to Audi in October at the end of the three year PCP.

I ordered an XC40 Inscription D3 Automatic in Pine Grey, Charcoal Leather, with Winter Pack, Front Sensors and Reversing Camera and Tempra spare wheel on Wednesday, dealer has given me an estimated delivery of 12th November 2018.

I had contacted Volvo direct before ordering and they confirmed they are taking orders for the XC40 Inscription D3 Automatic.

Fingers crossed they are correct.

Taff
Just noticed your post. Welcome to the Pine Grey Inscription club - that makes 3 of us at least now! You seem to have gone for almost the same set of options as me - I'm hoping that I don't regret forgetting to ask for the reversing camera. Hope to get mine on Thursday - will post pics when possible.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

balmoral wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:14 pm I'm hoping that I don't regret forgetting to ask for the reversing camera
You can always add it later if you do:
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-gb ... 10187/2019
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

AlexK wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:20 pm
balmoral wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:14 pm I'm hoping that I don't regret forgetting to ask for the reversing camera
You can always add it later if you do:
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-gb ... 10187/2019
Thanks, that's useful to know. It will probably prove more expensive than having it fitted by the factory, but if it's going to avoid damaged bodywork I might still go for it!

(Just looked through the installation instructions - it looks a bit complicated with lots of panels etc to be removed and re-fitted - definitely an expensive retro-fit job!)
User2506

Post by User2506 »

We were originally quoted £750 from a Volvo dealer for a retro rear camera fit as opposed to around £350 for a factory order. A little surprised rear cameras are not standard like rear sensors with the large rear pillars.
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:13 pm We were originally quoted £750 from a Volvo dealer for a retro rear camera fit as opposed to around £350 for a factory order. A little surprised rear cameras are not standard like rear sensors with the large rear pillars.
Ouch! an expensive oversight on my behalf.
Taff

Post by Taff »

Balmoral, I look forward to seeing your pictures, I have a long wait for mine, dealer has informed me the order has been accepted.