Hello - Order placed...

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
mattdesign

Post by mattdesign »

Hello

Been browsing this forum for a few weeks, but have now joined the club.

My current company car is a VW Golf GTD, black with 19" wheels, Dynaudio stereo, tinted glass, DiscoverPro navigation etc. Before that I've had a string of black VWs (Golf GTE, Scirocco R, Golf MkV GTI and a Lupo GTI).

I'm due a new car in January and have decided to make the leap to Volvo for the XC40. Wanted to get something larger as I now have a wife and step son and felt a compact SUV fitted the bill best. Had considered the Audi Q3 but the new model still isn't out, don't really like BMWs, wanted a change and felt the Tiguan wasn't fresh enough.

So I asked for an XC40 and have been told that it has been approved by my MD and the order has been placed.

Golf is due back first week of January, so hoping the Volvo will be ready by then. But apparently the lease deal on the Golf allows for a rolling weekly ad-hoc extension so I don't have to worry if it isn't ready on-time.

My spec is below in my signature, can't wait to get my hands on it. I haven't even had a test drive, but made my choice based on lots of reviews and forum browsing...

Matt
XC40 | R-Design Pro | D4 AWD | Black Stone
20" | Xenium | Intellisafe Pro | Convenience | Harman Kardon | Keyless
Gear shift paddles | Wireless charging | Smartphone integration | Power child locks
Ordered 22/05/18 | Delivered 21/01/19

senwar

Post by senwar »

Welcome Matt. I got my FE last month after 2.5yrs of being very unhappy with a Golf GTE (just never bonded). It was a company car too (the 40 is a personal lease) otherwise I'd have got shut a lot lot earlier.

The XC40 is a great car to have. Absolutely love mine. I was fortunate to have only a 2 month wait! Good luck with yours
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Hello! I'm loving my XC40.. only had her since Friday! My previous car was sold to a friend yesterday and he's made up... I know which I prefer!
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

An s2000 - always had a hankering for one of those
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
mattdesign

Post by mattdesign »

Thanks all.

Senwar I only had the Golf GTE for a few months as I changed jobs. I didn't hate it but I think there would have been things that got on my nerves more if I'd had it longer.

I had it from July to November and towards the end putting the heater/heated window and heated seats on when it was cold meant the battery range dropped by 50%. And as I didn't have any way of charging it at home it wasn't able to be used properly. Nice and cheap on the CC tax though!
XC40 | R-Design Pro | D4 AWD | Black Stone
20" | Xenium | Intellisafe Pro | Convenience | Harman Kardon | Keyless
Gear shift paddles | Wireless charging | Smartphone integration | Power child locks
Ordered 22/05/18 | Delivered 21/01/19
xc40fun

Post by xc40fun »

If it makes you feel any better, I ordered the car without even seeing one in the flesh, it also sat in my driveway for a month before I could get home and drive it. It exceeded all of my expectations.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 4WD [190] | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 19" wheels | Ordered 12/02/18 - ETA 10/04/18 - Arrived 13/04/18