Somewhat spontaneous purchase...

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
xcy40

Post by xcy40 »

3 weeks ago, my fiance saw an ad for the new XC40 being available.
As her Volvo C30 is already showing its age (11 years old and not really taken care of the past 6 years), she thought it is a good time to get a new car.
Fast forward a few dealer visits (including a few visits to see and test drive the excellent X1) earlier today we put an order for an XC40:

T4 FWD (4X2) AUTO INSCRIPTION
MCUBZ Smart Package
723 Denim Blue Metallic & U470 Vinyl/Textile Blonde/Charcoal Interior
169 Dimmed mirrors
603 BLIS and CTS
10 Passenger power seat

We managed to secure a very good discount and expected delivery is in August.

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Welcome. That’s an unusual config xcy40. Which country is it for?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
xcy40

Post by xcy40 »

Cyprus. Distances are short and off road use will be limited.
The petrol engine should provide decent punch and be smoother to drive.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

That solves the puzzle - now I get the xcy40! No T4 FWD here in the UK and never heard of a Smart Package. I am sure you will enjoy.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
xcy40

Post by xcy40 »

Well, the smart package is a combination of the Adaptive Cruise Control, Smartphone integration (Android auto + Apple Car Play) and the wireless charging. The individual cost of these was €2500, but adding the smart package brings the value down to €2250, giving the wireless charging effectively for free. Comparatively, inscription package was a €3.000 add-on, on top of the momentum base price...

It might be interesting to see the difference in options and package prices across various countries. While the initial vehicle price can be distorted by local import duties and taxes based on the emissions and engine size, any significant difference on the options prices can be attributed mostly to dealer margins/mark-ups.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

xcy40 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:28 pm
It might be interesting to see the difference in options and package prices across various countries. While the initial vehicle price can be distorted by local import duties and taxes based on the emissions and engine size, any significant difference on the options prices can be attributed mostly to dealer margins/mark-ups.

That would be an impossible job. There are as many varieties of models and packaging and options as there are countries. I think only the UK had a First Edition, but I read that Australia has a "Launch Edition" which is ordered on top of a Momentum or an R-Design as a "package" - resulting in a spec similar to but different from the FE. The Momentum Launch Pack consists of 16 features!