Bye-bye Evoque - Hello XC40

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tom Dickan-Harry

Post by Tom Dickan-Harry »

Yep. Another newbie!

Ordered yesterday with a build date of 5th Nov. Just shows how the queue is growing. The Evoque is due back at the start of October so will have to extend the lease.

Any idea on time from build to delivery at dealership?
XC40 T5 R Design Osmium Grey Intellisafe, Winter and Xenium packs, Premium Sound, Smartphone

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Congrats - good decision.

Assuming you are in the UK it looks to be circa 7-10 days, plus and minus that (for whatever reason they can come up with), and depending on how long your dealer takes to PDI it.
Last edited by Boomer on Fri May 11, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Tom Dickan-Harry wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:16 pm Yep. Another newbie!

Ordered yesterday with a build date of 5th Nov. Just shows how the queue is growing. The Evoque is due back at the start of October so will have to extend the lease.

Any idea on time from build to delivery at dealership?

Welcome. Most unusual surname hyphenation there Tom. 10-12 days ish.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Tom Dickan-Harry

Post by Tom Dickan-Harry »

Thanks all! Yes, I'm in the UK. They did say the build date might be brought forward but having read delivery comments on the forum, I'm not holding my breath.
XC40 T5 R Design Osmium Grey Intellisafe, Winter and Xenium packs, Premium Sound, Smartphone
User2506

Post by User2506 »

I think you made a great choice. I was looking at the Evoque and Jag E Pace, the Evoque I think is just starting to look like it needs a facelift which it gets next year and the Jag seemed pricey to me for what it was so my order went straight to the new XC40.
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.