New member - Order placed

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
andermtc

Post by andermtc »

Placed an order via CbV yesterday for a R-Design T5 Hybrid.

Looking forward to our 1st Volvo.

Had an interesting few days as need a new car before 1st June so had spoken to local dealer and planned to put an order in with them this weekend on an 'in stock' vehicle on the Volvo website. Knew the spec I wanted, colour wasn't too important, but wanted the R-Design with a towbar.
Saw cars were appearing and then disappearing on the site so needed to keep an eye on it, logged in on Tuesday to see the prices had gone up by £70 a month which was out of budget, looked around and ended up ordering a pre-build Polestar 2 instead but then spoke to dealership and they suggested calling CbV, which I did and they agreed to honour the original price, so ordered straight away, and cancelled the Polestar.

Now just have the approx 5 weeks wait for delivery.

Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

That was a bit of an ordeal but a good result. It says something that you can be priced out of an xc40 and Polestar is an option.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
andermtc

Post by andermtc »

It was the 69kw std range single motor polestar. Actual monthly cost was £20 less than the new Volvo prices, the difference was the Polestar was a std PCP so mileage is less critical as no-one really gets to a hand back position as usually trade in before then, but it was still based on 10k/ year, the CbV new prices meant the XC40 was only 6k miles per year for £20 more, the old deal which I got in the end was still £20 more but for the 14k miles I need on the subscription, as opposed to being £90 a month more on the new pricing.
It was also over 4 years on the polestar and 3 years XC40.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Hi from another new member…

Enjoy your new motor when you get it 👍🏻