New to the xc40 forums

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

Hello.
I'm contemplating which variant to get.
I had thought to get the top inscription but then found it doesn't have all the toys on that I would like.

I'm a little confused that they all reference back to the Momentum and not incrementally get more and more toys added., which would have simplified the choosing process.

I do like the XC40 it is a fab car to sit & drive in.
I presently have a QQ Tekna and I'd like to match up tp that in the toy dept., the quality of the Volvo build it fantastic..

I'll post my thought in an opening post on the forums.

Great to be here/
Driving a Volvo XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD Geartronic in Pine Grey :D

q3billy

Post by q3billy »

What were the toys you found that the Inscription didn't have that you would've liked?

I went for the R-Design Pro over the Inscription Pro only because of the seats, while I would have preferred full leather as I've had that in all my previous cars, the R-Design model has lower extension for your thighs so I found it was much easier to get comfortable.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

q3billy wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:00 pm the R-Design model has lower extension for your thighs so I found it was much easier to get comfortable.
Agree. I found this makes a major difference to the comfort of the seats. It's a must have if you can spec it in.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Jsuter

Post by Jsuter »

Went for inscription because of the chrome trim
T4 Inscription - Pine Grey - Blond Interieur - All packs - 18‘ rim - 4c Suspension - Ordered end of March delivered 24.5.18
johnbluerio

Post by johnbluerio »

Hi
just got the delivery conformed XC40FE 20inch wheels in white this will be our first new Volvo in to the dealer 7th May so should get it by the 9th.
Have read all the posts re delivery times which is not good news for the marketing dept. guess they underestimated the demand for such a great SUV
First Edition T5 20” wheels not just a 245bhp 4x4 ipad.
bocabar

Post by bocabar »

Hi, just joined the Forum as about to take delivery on Monday of an Ex-Demonstrator XC40 First Edition D4 (its actually been the showroom model and has only done 265 miles) so got a good deal, I really wanted a petrol T5 but this was too good a car to miss.
My personal opinion is that it will be a good ten years or so before the infrastructure for electric cars will be right and diesels are no longer popular. but :roll: would love to hear others reasons for choosing petrol or diesel XC40s
Erago

Post by Erago »

q3billy wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:00 pm What were the toys you found that the Inscription didn't have that you would've liked?

I went for the R-Design Pro over the Inscription Pro only because of the seats, while I would have preferred full leather as I've had that in all my previous cars, the R-Design model has lower extension for your thighs so I found it was much easier to get comfortable.
Hi q3billy,

Sorry for being dumb, but what does the lower extension for your thighs mean? I am in the same boat as don't know which model to order.
XC40 | R-Design | 2.0 D4 AWD | Crystal White | 19" wheels | Ordered April| Delivered November
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Erago wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:59 pm
Sorry for being dumb, but what does the lower extension for your thighs mean? I am in the same boat as don't know which model to order.

49193485-1389-4217-B5B9-42972236A357.png

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Erago

Post by Erago »

Oh great thanks, so this is only in the R-Design and not the Inscription?
XC40 | R-Design | 2.0 D4 AWD | Crystal White | 19" wheels | Ordered April| Delivered November
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Erago wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:49 pm Oh great thanks, so this is only in the R-Design and not the Inscription?

In the latest UK pricelist/specification they come with the R-Design and therefore R-Design Pro, and with the Momentum Pro and the Inscription Pro (but not the base Momentum or Inscription).
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o