The wait begins...

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Krystof

Post by Krystof »

Afternoon everybody,

Just ordered my B4 FWD - I'm not sure what the spec level is called in the UK, but here it's a "Plus" (one off the top). Fjord blue (should look really smart), panoramic roof (not "necessary" but I think it really lifts the whole car), heated windscreen (really useful in the winters we have here, no more standing outside in -10 degrees and a blizzard, scraping away like some madman).
Scheduled delivery date some time in July, apparently. Which seems not exactly brilliant, but frankly not too terrible either in the current situation. Hopefully there won't be any major delays. Time will tell.
So now I wait... The worst aspect of that will be that I'm doing a part-exchange with my current car (2018 Honda Civic), and I'm already feeling the need to "baby" it so it doesn't lose any substantial value - but 6 months of doing that could drive me crazy. Perhaps I'll get used to the idea and just end up treating it normally - it's not like I hoon around and drive it recklessly, and it lives in a garage, so objectively there's nothing to worry about, but I'm sure you know the feeling in the runup to a part-ex.
Anyway, I've just discovered this forum and am really looking forward to reading your interesting comments - it looks like there's a wealth of experience and knowledge here.
So, best of luck to you all in the meanwhile, and I'll post a picture when it finally arrives.

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Welcome Krystof. Had our B4 since November but only done 2k miles so far. Had a run to Whitby today (NE England coast) and the car behaved impeccably. Hope you don't have to wait too long for yours.

Where is "here" for you?
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Krystof

Post by Krystof »

Hi Mike, glad to hear yours is serving you well. It looks like you have a similar spec to what I've ordered, though mine will have the 7-speed dual clutch box.
I'm in the Czech Republic. We don't have full-on Canadian-style winters here, but we're still quite east and a long way from any real sea, so we get long periods of snow and ice, broken up by occasional thaws. A heated windshield is a real comfort feature in those conditions.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Ah. We've stayed in Prague, on Old Town Square. Summer though. Loved it. Will never forget seeing The Magic Flute at the Estates Theatre.

Came to Volvo from your country brand. 2 Yetis then a Karoq. Enjoyed every one but fancied a change and a couple of niggles aside, haven't regretted it.

Enjoy yours when it comes 👍🏻
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21