Gearbox Issue

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 3894

Post by Deleted User 3894 »

XC40 R-Design November 2020 B4 engine 8-speed Asin front wheel drive, 3800 mile so far. Advise on a potential issue please.

In drive at low speed, approx 26-30-mph, level ground to slight incline and light foot on accelerator - since a recent service, I have felt a slight vibration during these conditions, as though driving on a slightly uneven surface and like the gearbox is hesitating to change, if i then blip the throttle it changes and vibration stops. Had it checked at my supplying dealership who did a full diagnostic check, no fault logged, and a road test which the technician stated all performed as it should - This put my mind at rest, however the slight vibration is still present during the same conditions - and something else - when it was happening the other day I switched to manual and instantly the vibration went and the gearbox was as smooth as I remember from new. Could this mean a software issue in drive? I feel I need to update the dealer on what happened when I switched to manual but can I ask for first if anyone else has had the same or for members advice please.