Hello

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Hopefully soon to be the owner of a new P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim blue. Ordered 16th August and have just had the email to say build has commenced so with luck sometime next month. Our daughter has an XC40 B4 R Design Pro which I really liked and hence we put the P8 on our shortlist. Test drove the Mercedes EQA - very smart interior but they no longer produce the premium plus trim and nowhere to store the cables, Ioniq 5 - just too big for our needs and the P8 which fitted the bill. It will be an outright purchase as we keep our cars for ages. Current ones are 16, 18 and 26 years old - the younger two owned from new. With the free 3 years insurance from Volvo I dont even need to get rid of one of them although I suspect someone else may have a say in the matter.
We have had Volvos in the past - a 360 GLS. Anybody remember them? Daughter has the XC40 and son has an immaculate 1999 V70
The only fly in the ointment is the inability of Newmotion to provide a wallbox in time for the arrival of the car.
Looking forward to contributing to the forum.
Nigel
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps

qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Ordered the same on 23 June, picking up in a week. Build and delivery dates have been all over the place, so keep on Care by Volvo - mine had been delayed to March until I kicked up quite a big fuss (Volvo customer service has been atrocious). I also looked at the EQA, but the boot was just too small. Very quiet and smooth, though. I gave up on NewMotion early on, went with Andersen EV. More expensive, but very nice looking, and good support so far.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Thank you. The Andersen looks really good. Its a shame to have to spend yet more money but thats life. I will give Newmotion one more chance to come up with an install date and then decide.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Newmotion sent an e-mail a week or two ago (they thought I was still on their waiting list) indicating that they could not guarantee installation before the government grant disappeared at the end of March.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Hi Nigel

New owner here and being new to Volvo, I've learnt a lot from browsing the forum. Sounds like you're half way there already on all matters Volvo😉

Hope D Day isn't too far away.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Have taken the plunge and ordered the Andersen wallbox. Totally different experience to Newmotion. Firstly you can actually speak to someone. Really helpful and can supply and fit in 4 weeks. Result.