Panoramic Roof for R Design Pro

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Snicko

Post by Snicko »

Contemplating this option for my new build. Would welcome peoples thoughts on whether or not it’s a must have, desirable, or not worth the extra £1000.

I’m on the fence, and would welcome your thoughts / experiences.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Personally I wouldn't want it fitted. Certainly not a must have in my mind.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Got one on mine and really like it with the blind open. Light floods open. Must admit I don’t open the actual roof that often though
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
LABLAD

Post by LABLAD »

Took delivery of my xc40 last week and I have the sunroof and really like it!,the only complaint is the operating switch,it is a nightmare to use!on my previous Audi there were 2 switches,one to operate blind and one for glass roof which was easy to use,my xc40 has only 1 switch for both and is very frustrating!!😬
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

In the 3 years I’ve owned my XC40 the roof has been opened once for a few minutes. Blind likewise. I just don’t see the point in panoramic roofs but it’s down to personal choice, you love them or hate them I guess…
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

I had panoramic rooves on my two previous cars, both Peugeot's, and have one on my new XC40 R Design. I love the extra light you have with the blind open (mine is hardly ever drawn shut), it was a must have with whichever my new car I was going to be. I've had the car about a week and a half and I've had it open whilst driving a few times already and love the extra ventilation and feeling of openness. I live in south Devon so looking forward to having it open a lot in the summer. The switch could be more user friendly but once you have the knack its absolutely fine.
Yes, it's down to personal preference but I wanted a panoramic roof again and I'm really pleased I have one, with the added advantage of being able to open it.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Mrs Greggspies was keen on a sunroof when we got our XC40 this year until we test drove a car with one fitted. She then realised from the front seat you can't see it at all. And we didn't want to spend £1000 for the benefit of rear seat passengers we rarely carried. Mind, we have the Blond interior so the car doesn't need the extra light.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Greggspies wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:22 am Mrs Greggspies was keen on a sunroof when we got our XC40 this year until we test drove a car with one fitted. She then realised from the front seat you can't see it at all. And we didn't want to spend £1000 for the benefit of rear seat passengers we rarely carried. Mind, we have the Blond interior so the car doesn't need the extra light.
That’s an excellent point. I had a similar experience after driving both R-Design (black interior roof) with panoramic and Inscription (blond interior roof) without panoramic, I could not see a difference sitting in the front seats.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Clearly one has to look up to see out of it! Regardless I like the roof open, and it is quite a big opening, so I appreciate having it.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

To avoid anyone being mislead, it's not possible for anyone sitting in the front seat to see out of the sunroof, unless of course, you lie the seat back. Other reasons for wanting a sun roof are valid of course. But not seeing the sky while you're driving.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior