Thinking of making the move to Volvo from EPace

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Important to remember the remote start and subsequent functions are only for auto transmission models.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019

Abbey73

Post by Abbey73 »

Thanks for all the feedback.
I was wondering if any of you had encountered any hesitation when pulling out at junctions etc the Epace can be a little unpredictable when power is available which is a little unsettling.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Abbey73 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:29 pm Thanks for all the feedback.
I was wondering if any of you had encountered any hesitation when pulling out at junctions etc the Epace can be a little unpredictable when power is available which is a little unsettling.
No none. And I moved from a Disco sport too
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Johnkavanagh

Post by Johnkavanagh »

gripross wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:52 pm So on settings in car you have to have what you want on set to activate st startup… so for example set drivers seat heat to medium rear screen on and front screen on. When you start car each time seats will activate to whatever you’ve set to do you’ll have to turn em off when you get in… but then from my phone I start car remotely and it has s time up to 15 mins.., I set mine to sbout 6 mins snd then when I’ve clocked out I get to car and it’s defrosted snd seat/ seats are heated
Ok. So, we have an automatic and have the option to start the car and climate remotely via the app. As far as I can tell, it just runs the climate up in the same state we left it in previously (ie: set to 19°C).

Is that what you're saying? You set the seat warmers and the screen clearers to on, stop the car, and then when you remote start it later on, it reverts back to those settings (ie: seat warmer and screen clearers)? Just before you turn off and get out, you set the car in the state you want it to be in when you come back later on?

Sorry for the questions; I have a very vague recollection of someone previously having problems with their driver profile resetting to sub-zero temperatures every time they got in, and somebody else mentioned parking climate settings. I wondered if there was a setting in the app or in the car I was missing!
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

1. You can't set the climate to minus temperatures, only Lo...
2. Yes, if you use the remote start and pre-condition the car will use the settings you last had set
Johnkavanagh

Post by Johnkavanagh »

Cornishman wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:16 am 1. You can't set the climate to minus temperatures, only Lo...
2. Yes, if you use the remote start and pre-condition the car will use the settings you last had set
Thank you! I was being hyperbolic when I mentioned 'sub-zero' temperatures; I think they were finding it set itself back to 'lo' each time they got in. It was a while ago anyway!

Also: thank you for confirming the pre-conditioning. I did notice a section on the infotainment screen about parked climate. I need to take a proper look into what that is though.
Robbo27

Post by Robbo27 »

Hi. Im now into 7k miles in to the volvo after selling my 66 plate Jag XF. I know its not a Epace but i would imagine build quality will be similar.
Im enjoying the practicality of the volvo but for driving enjoyment there's no comparison. The jags are streets ahead. I have drove the F and E pace and there great. But if you want build quality. Practicality and just perfect behaviour go volvo.
I tjink the deal your offered will help sway tjings?? Good luck 👍.
Ive come from a diesel 2l to a B4p. Wow. WaS at 50 mpg. Now at 36😳😳.
gripross

Post by gripross »

Cornishman wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:16 am 1. You can't set the climate to minus temperatures, only Lo...
Yes that’s correct but will only take effect if it’s less than 10 degrees outside so obviously you won’t have to worry about em coming on when it’s 18 degrees or something. But when I get in car in winter and start car up … if seats are on because I’ve preset them it only click of a button to turn em off… but yes if it’s below 10 degrees every time you start car these presets will activate
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21