Thinking of making the move to Volvo from EPace

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Abbey73

Post by Abbey73 »

Hi
I’m thinking of making the move from a Jaguar EPace D180 AWD R Dynamic to the B4P Inscription AWD with climate pack.
The lead times for a new jag are 12 months, I’m being told about 4/5 for Volvo.
Keen to hear from other owners of this build type - what’s the performance like and real driving fuel economy.
Are there any extras that you would recommend adding or avoiding? Apart from climate pack thinking of spare wheeel, stereo upgrade, tinted windows and service pack.
Grateful for feedback

gripross

Post by gripross »

Abbey73 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:12 pm Hi
I’m thinking of making the move from a Jaguar EPace D180 AWD R Dynamic to the B4P Inscription AWD with climate pack.
The lead times for a new jag are 12 months, I’m being told about 4/5 for Volvo.
Keen to hear from other owners of this build type - what’s the performance like and real driving fuel economy.
Are there any extras that you would recommend adding or avoiding? Apart from climate pack thinking of spare wheeel, stereo upgrade, tinted windows and service pack.
Grateful for feedback
Fuel economy is nothing spectacular...i get around 30 mpg from my B4 but only 1000 miles at present so it will get better. Had a run up M1 other week though and got 50mpg so not all bad. The mpg though will be partly due to build quality as these cars aren't light as they are made so well. Climate is a must...just for heated screen....i work shifts and when i go for a shower i use the app on my phone to start car and put heated screen/seats on etc in winter so when i clock out car is defrosted and toasty. Service pack is a no brainer so don't even think about leaving it off as the Volvo is a yearly service, Performance is more than adequate...but if your thinking of buying a Volvo thats probably not your main aim, When i came over to Volvo from Audis a couple of years ago we looked at lots of SUV's as we needed something reasonably high up due to my wife's mobility issues we sat in the car and my wife immediately said how safe she felt sat in the car and how good the seats were ( R Design seats are alcantara and leather}, The rest is history as they say. In the against column am a little dissapointed that some things have been removed over the past year or so. paddle shifters. chrome exhaust outlets and spot lights to name a few but on balance the car still feels very well put together.
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
Abbey73

Post by Abbey73 »

Thanks for your response - Does your car have AWD? I’m a little concerned that it will make the car heavier and fuel economy worse.
The remote heating /defrosting is something i love about the epace so good to hear it works well on the Volvo.
gripross

Post by gripross »

mine is just fwd as the AWD is thirstier but i dont think significantly..i went for FWD mainly for price and find it more than adequate but if we get snow then obviously the AWD will come into its own at that point
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Mine's B4 AWD, MPG is better than I expected coming from a diesel Tiguan. Yes overall it's showing just over 30 mpg, but since you can get the stats on individual drives from the app, many journeys are much higher. It's getting better with time too, with 7 months and 4.5k miles. It's got a good pickup of speed just find it needs a couple of seconds to think about it.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

I'm now about 10500 miles in my B4 AWD, it does get better. Not surprisingly short journeys kill it!
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

I've done 6.4k miles from new in my B4 FWD and have a real world average of 39.7mpg using brim-to-brim measurements. A lot is down to how you drive and I have a light right foot - last time I visited the dealer the app showed 43mpg, the test drive by the engineer showed just under 30!

I came from an Audi A3 1.4 where I averaged 45mpg over four years so am well pleased so far.

As mentioned, short trips into town, use the bus! The Volvo is perfect for long distance motorway trips which covers most of my driving.
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021
Johnkavanagh

Post by Johnkavanagh »

gripross wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:39 pm i use the app on my phone to start car and put heated screen/seats on etc in winter so when i clock out car is defrosted and toasty
Oooh! How do you do that? I've got the climate pack, but the only option on the app is to turn it on/off, how do you tell it to specifically do windows and seats as well?
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Johnkavanagh wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:20 pm
gripross wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:39 pm i use the app on my phone to start car and put heated screen/seats on etc in winter so when i clock out car is defrosted and toasty
Oooh! How do you do that? I've got the climate pack, but the only option on the app is to turn it on/off, how do you tell it to specifically do windows and seats as well?
Have you got manual transmission or auto?
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
gripross

Post by gripross »

blastpipe wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:22 pm
Johnkavanagh wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:20 pm
Have you got manual transmission or auto?
So on settings in car you have to have what you want on set to activate st startup… so for example set drivers seat heat to medium rear screen on and front screen on. When you start car each time seats will activate to whatever you’ve set to do you’ll have to turn em off when you get in… but then from my phone I start car remotely and it has s time up to 15 mins.., I set mine to sbout 6 mins snd then when I’ve clocked out I get to car and it’s defrosted snd seat/ seats are heated