Hello

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
al_kaholik

Post by al_kaholik »

Afternoon,

Quick introduction from me! I'm Al. We have had our bursting blue b4 R design since Feb and are loving it. Not too many miles at the moment but the PCP on our old car and a new arrival drove us to an XC40. We test drove most of the small SUVs on the market and were bitterly disappointed with most, if not all other than the XC40.

I've fitted mudflaps and a folding boot liner purchased from dealers on eBay at about half the price of our local bricks and mortar which is always welcome. We ticked all the options other than leather at the outset, which whilst making the car pricey do add to the comfort in our opinion - the plan is to do lots of travelling in it so we wanted to have it as we wanted rather than compromise.

I had come on here to search for recommendations on roof bars and boxes, but it didn't turn too much up, neither did a long internet search. For reference, this as an Atera RTD 122mm set with a Ford 'Europe 390' (G3 Spark 480) box. Looks fine to me, but yet to get used in anger - which it will this weekend. Its a 390l box as the name suggests, measuring 1950x738x360mm.

Strangely the holes for the mounting are all towards the rear of the front hump, I'm nearly at the limit for these with the front bar position, however T-slot adapters may help with placement a little. The boot opens and closes fine and contrary to what roofboxes.co.uk will tell you, the panoramic roof WILL open with this rack setup and to be honest I'd expect pretty much any.

Disappointingly the bars are silver, but nothing some black spray won't fix in future to match the roof rails, however I've paid less for the bars (used) and box (new but on a good deal) than the cost of the Volvo roof bars so am happy.

Anyway, hello! And apologies for the mucky photo!

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 12.55.18.jpeg

BrianT58

Post by BrianT58 »

Welcome and nice looking car in the blue!
Can I ask what boot liner you got from ebay and do you recommend it?
Regards Brian
MY2024 XC-40 Ultimate B4