Just taken delivery of T4 Recharge

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mean Green

Post by Mean Green »

Hi Everyone

I have just taken delivery of my new T4 Recharge - a company car to replace a Mazda6 estate.

Had it just over a week and 700+ miles down the road - the verdict is .... underwhelmed! :(

It is R-design spec and it is comfortable enough and seems to be very well put together. Everything it does is satisfactory, it is what is doesn't do that is very annoying - all things that were taken for granted in the Mazda, and I assumed (perhaps I should have checked spec sheet more thoroughly) would be pretty much standard on any car of this class and cost.

I can faff about with the ipad size screen and change all manner of things to personalise the experience - change the mood lights, change the dash dial themes etc etc - you all probably know the stuff. But no parking camera, no front parking sensors, no rain sensing wipers. As I said this is a company car and I spend a lot of time in it - one feature I am missing more than anything is the car reading emails from phone. I didn't realise how much I used it in the Mazda until I don't have it. Not sure if there is an app than can be downloaded to add this functionality?? (not that I can actually get the communicating thingy to even connect yet)

The sat nat is a bit of a pain to set - but in fairness, it is good to be able to send addresses to the car from the app... although I sent all of my appointment addresses over the other day, but the car only registered the last address sent - can it only cope with one address at a time?, or have I done something wrong??

So that's my honest appraisal of initial 'ownership'.

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Setting your expectations based on a Japanese car will lead to disappointment by how many specs are not standard in European cars of this class and cost (see also Audi, Mercedes). Fortunately, there are solutions to your problems but first read the user manual, it will give clarity and understanding on your issues.
- rain sensor wipers are standard on R-Design, how to activate is different from other cars.
- parking camera and front parking sensors are part of an optional pack that was probably not include in your order, but possible to retrofit.
- car reading emails from phone, you could do that connecting your phone through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. However, that’s also part of an optional pack, if not included in your order then possible to retrofit.
- Not sure how to interpret “not that I can actually get the communicating thingy to even connect yet”, but might be the reason why the car doesn’t register all your appointment addresses.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

It’s Volvos fault that you didn’t read the speciation and options then I guess?
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
typolee

Post by typolee »

Didn’t you read the Specification before you ordered?
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Regardless of what is missing, still must be nice to have a company car like the XC40 !!